Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Where is everybody?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@Part Timer i see your from sunderland do you watch blot out doors on utube he from sunderland cracking channel does stealth camping gets hammerd good watch mate . p.s @PC im here lurckering in the back ground lol

Aye, alive and well thanks. A few new enquiries coming in but can't do anything as my Berlingo is currently chucking it's toys out the pram (Adblue and DPF having major issues).

Aye, alive and well thanks. A few new enquiries coming in but can't do anything as my Berlingo is currently chucking it's toys out the pram (Adblue and DPF having major issues).
My Ducato is having major problems as well, had to get it recovered from London Last month. Got it fixed, £1500, and on it's first trial run today went into limp mode 😱

My Ducato is having major problems as well, had to get it recovered from London Last month. Got it fixed, £1500, and on it's first trial run today went into limp mode 😱
@Part Timer oh god, sorry to hear that mate. What work did you have done on it? £1500 and then it's playing up again is terrible mate. The mechanic I know is usually good so having it looked at on Friday. At best it's the Adblue injector, but at worst it's the Adblue tank, DPF and nox sensor. If it's the latter(s) I'll probably sell it as it is and get something else. The mechanic said if you hear the letters DPF or Adblue they should be an anagram or the word "expensive" lol.

Injectors tested and replaced, the mechanic I use couldn't diagnose it and highly recommended this one.
Trouble is what's it worth with fault codes on? Mines only 5 years old as well
Oh dear. They are an absolute pain aren't they? Mine is a 67 plate. In the 3.5 years I've had it only done about 17k miles in all that time. I do try and take it on a run sometimes to get it hot, but obviously that hasn't really made much difference. From the faults on mine (also has a whiny gearbox) if I don't do anything apparently about £5k. What about yours?

Oh dear. They are an absolute pain aren't they? Mine is a 67 plate. In the 3.5 years I've had it only done about 17k miles in all that time. I do try and take it on a run sometimes to get it hot, but obviously that hasn't really made much difference. From the faults on mine (also has a whiny gearbox) if I don't do anything apparently about £5k. What about yours?
Not a clue, it's got nearly 90k miles so doubt it's worth much more than yours as Ducatos are known to develop faults that are hard, expensive, to diagnose and fix

Not a clue, it's got nearly 90k miles so doubt it's worth much more than yours as Ducatos are known to develop faults that are hard, expensive, to diagnose and fix
Bloody hell. They are an absolute nuisance. Mine is 23k on the clock but I think sometimes age is as bad as mileage if you see what I mean. I like the design and it's quite comfortable to use, but just not suitable for little journeys. I had a mate who had a fiat Punto years ago, he had nothing but problems with it. When he met his wife she had one almost identical and it just kept going and going with no problems at all.

Good to hear people are still around. But sorry to hear about the van problems fellas.
Most common customer comment at the moment ‘this weather must be great for you!’ Feel like replying ‘yes it’s great looking up into the hot sun all day or looking at glass that is blasting it back at you’ 😃
The older I’ve got the more this hot weather I’m finding is a nightmare these days.
Don’t get me wrong I love the sun but NOT for working in!
Especially seeing as the customer is sitting under a parasol in a light flowery dress with a big hat on and sipping ice cold drinks 😃
And YES when it’s freezing again I WILL want the sun back!

Good to hear people are still around. But sorry to hear about the van problems fellas.
Most common customer comment at the moment ‘this weather must be great for you!’ Feel like replying ‘yes it’s great looking up into the hot sun all day or looking at glass that is blasting it back at you’ 😃
The older I’ve got the more this hot weather I’m finding is a nightmare these days.
Don’t get me wrong I love the sun but NOT for working in!
Especially seeing as the customer is sitting under a parasol in a light flowery dress with a big hat on and sipping ice cold drinks 😃
And YES when it’s freezing again I WILL want the sun back!
Thanks @PC . Totally agree, I hate working in the heat, and the "ooh, you must love this" type comments are a pain. I actually prefer winter work to how hot it's been at the moment 😂

Back