Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder arms / stabilizer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

sdrah

any ideas where to shop for a ladder standoff like this

cheers

FH00MAY_LADSTA_01.JPG

"Please dont clean the windows until late March as we will only..........

Will only.... what? :specs

that stand off must make the ladder a pain to handle, i use a micro stand off and you notice the diffrence when thats on the ladder and its no where near as big as that

looks ok - but I might need a wider one . Just trying to figure out the easiest way to clean these windows

my 3 sec ladder doesn't reach above the window and I can't rest it on the window frame too

The best way to clean it trad (customer desnt want the reach n wash) - is by using a wide stand-off like the one above

2014_11_26_15_35_38.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It might not be worth the one time purchase for you, but I reckon I could do that with my tall pointer ladder as it would fit nicely between the window and gutter. Sounds to me like you need to work on your persuasion skills more though since that window is perfect for WFP.

WTF tell him to do one or try cleaning that himself by ladders if he don't want it cleaned by wfp.

If wfp is good enough for the old girl I'm sure it is good enough for that pompous arsehole :D

View attachment 3342

no they won't accept wfp - Ive done it in summer and she said a lot of water gets inside blah blah blah and I doubled the price for cleaning it trad from £75 to £150 ( ground floor and first floor ) - and the top floor I cleaned them from inside for £45. Next week i ll have to clean all internal windows

Well they don't need a window cleaner then they need a ******* glazer to sort the windows out /emoticons/biggrin.png

The guy I bought round off, used a 14 rung double extension ladder and strapped on a 5ft piece of wood to straddle tall windows, like that, I use wfp on them now,but on one of the houses, the window is disintegrating, so thinking I might have to drop it, or strap on the piece of wood, but really think thats a bad idea.

that stand off must make the ladder a pain to handle, i use a micro stand off and you notice the diffrence when thats on the ladder and its no where near as big as that
I use the micro standoff made by the dudes who make microlite

Makes all the difference

I use the micro standoff made by thit dudes who make microliteMakes all the difference
I like the micro stand off. It makes a lot of windows so much easier and safer. It affords you greater access to the window and so helps to eliminate over stretching. Its also not too heavy on the end of the ladder. Its not suitable for all windows though as sometimes the top of the ladder seems to get in the way.

Back