Where to start - wfp/trad

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Ryan_1984, May 25, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ryan_1984

Ryan_1984 Newcomer

Hi all, I have been browsing this forum for some time now. And been toying with the idea to start up own window cleaning round for a while.. Brilliant site, Good reading and good advise.
    I am self employed (cab driver) at the moment but completely fed up with long hours for no returns, and been looking for a change of career for some time now.. I have been watching videos (wagga) and practising on my windows and reading this site..
    I have around £1.5k to spend on start up costs etc.. Ideally I'd like to go down the WFP route, but I know it's very costly..(thinking of a backpack to start) Want to spend money as wisely as possible.

At the moment I don't have no van/setup. So just a bit of advice if possible..what would be the first point of call?...Where can I get flyers printed (for a reasonable cost)? Should I buy a van now? Or just canvass round where I live (walking distance) I live in suburbs of London.

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

What area?
    I would start trad for a couple hundred quid and then save towards wfp if you want to go that route

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

london eh-you will cream up with all those houses if you go trad. i cant comment on WFP as iv never used it.
    Dont delay,you want to be doorknockin tomorrow . get a roof bar set for the taxi and a ladder etc .
    dont delay cos this is summertime now and its as good as it gets

4. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

As someone who works with wfp all the time, my advice would be to buy some trad tools and start building a round.

WFP can and in my opinion should come later after you are established. Window cleaning is not for everyone. I have seen people start and pack it in again within months. Better to have some unused trad tools than WFP kit.

As for flyers, look at vistaprint or print your own on A4 and cut them down. This can be very effective.

Good luck.

5. alex1987

alex1987 Member

Where about in Essex do you live?

6. Ryan_1984

Ryan_1984 Newcomer

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Aah
    Not sure what it's like for work now round there
    North and west is my stomping ground
    Some areas i reckon would be good but wouldn't want to be working round east ham and beckton area

8. alex1987

alex1987 Member

My neck of the woods, I'm in Romford. Already too many window cleaners here, I reckon you should move :p

I'm 6 years in to this now, trad and wfp, started on a shoe string and made all the mistakes. I could give you some detailed information that will really help. Have you got a van or a car? how you planing on getting around? Is your £1500 budget on top of money aside for a vehicle?

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

There must be work round that way
    All the plastic orange oompah loompas round there must want clean windows

10. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

Money. Tight forget. Leaflets. out nock nock am build up buy trad gear. And save for wfp

Advertisement