Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hows This For Cheek

stevelewis

I cleaned some guys house in a village, dont normally deal with the guy its normally his wife... Anyway went there on a sat morn (not too early about 10.30) just to tie up sum loose ends, cleaned about 3/4 of the house and the guy comes out and says that comming on a sat morn is totally unexceptable and to come back another day (even tho ive cleaned there before on a sat) so sensing he was annoyed i politly said ok i,ll see u next time, anyway his house is £28 so wen i cleaned it 4 weeks later i knocked for payment and he gave me 2 £20 notes and asked for the change so i politly said that cause i cleaned most of the house last time he owed me an extra £18, he said either go to the van and get my change or dont come back, so told him good luck in finding another window cleaner as im takin the 40 and not comming back, dont need customers like that....... The cheek of it!

This is kind of thing that I feel there should be more in place to protect small business from. I would have said, well its completely unacceptable, to ask me to clean your windows, allow me to complete half the work, ask me to leave, and refuse to pay!

ive had some people moan about sat mornings some weird folk about lad round me is out sat and sundays at 8.30am lol

8am start on sats for me, 10am on sunday. It might not be the prefered time for some. But its a business, and if all my customers were like that, then i would pack it in.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I cleaned some guys house in a village, dont normally deal with the guy its normally his wife... Anyway went there on a sat morn (not too early about 10.30) just to tie up sum loose ends, cleaned about 3/4 of the house and the guy comes out and says that comming on a sat morn is totally unexceptable and to come back another day (even tho ive cleaned there before on a sat) so sensing he was annoyed i politly said ok i,ll see u next time, anyway his house is £28 so wen i cleaned it 4 weeks later i knocked for payment and he gave me 2 £20 notes and asked for the change so i politly said that cause i cleaned most of the house last time he owed me an extra £18, he said either go to the van and get my change or dont come back, so told him good luck in finding another window cleaner as im takin the 40 and not comming back, dont need customers like that....... The cheek of it!
He owed you £16 not £18 /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png :D .

Hi Guys, New to this;

Would it be illegal to set up a site naming and shaming bad customers to warn other window cleaners? Not sure how effective it would be or if it is slander but too many honest window cleaners are loosing out and being treated like this. :unsure:

Back