Which Back Pack?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by jimbob, Oct 4, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

?

which backpack

1. gardiner

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. wcw

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. big boy

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  4. esr / ws ones

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. shurflo version

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

after borrowing a mates wcw backpack for a couple of weeks whilst my trolley was broken ive decided im going to get one as well as a new trolley there handy little things to have but im not sure which one to go for his wcw one was ok but not brilliant on flow control but then again it was a bit old and battered so im going to do a poll on which people find the best/ use any that ive missed please feel free to add

Advertisement
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

Wouldn't touch another WCW one, shite reliability and shocking customer service. I'd buy a Gardiner purely based on their customer service. I know they're all cheap chinese battery sprayers worth around $30 each

3. Stephen Fox

Stephen Fox Active Member

Shocking customer service - Really? Is this because of not replacing an item after being out of the 12 month warranty? A little harsh don't you think.......

4. Eclipse

Nope. Not when the offending item was

5. Stephen Fox

This was an item that was over a year old though?

6. Eclipse

I'm not getting into it again, suffice to say the last speed controller lasted less than 3 months which is completely unacceptable. Especially after having so many failures incidentally they're both running without them now as they're completely dead again! I'll be making my own now and looking into selling them as a replacement part for the WCW backpack seeing as they are readily available for

7. Stephen Fox

Eclipse,

While providing you with 'shocking service' we did send out quite a number of replacement speed controllers (free of charge by the way - as should be) over the last 12 months of the warranty. The way you have gone through them this would go on indefinitely, but as the warranty expires its standard business practice that any replacement parts are chargeable.

Your situation is certainly not the norm, in hindsight we should've had the unit back to us so we could run a full diagnostic to see what the real issues were/are. It must be something else apart from the speed controller. It seems to me that the speed controller is simply a symptom of another problem.

With a faulty product we offer a return to base service, how come this was not taken up in your case?

(By the way if you can purchase replacement speed controllers for under 5 pounds, please let me know where or in fact we could buy some of you as some spares!!)

8. Posh

Posh Hero

Had my wcw backpack 18 months now & the whole thing is still working brilliantly. My big boy is also still going strong. I have a controller tap on both of mine so once my flow is set I don't really change it. Alter it by the taps. Gotta admit to that all the dealings I've had wit wcw they have been great.

9. Stephen Fox

Cheers Posh, we really aim to look after our customers. Hate getting it wrong, and strive to put it right.

10. Eclipse

We were not offered RTB warranty.

Advertisement