Which backpack?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by tom harvey, Jan 31, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. tom harvey

tom harvey Newcomer

Hi guys,
    Need some help and advice on what backpack is best for practicality and usability.im getting 1 next week but just wanted some of your opinions before I make a purchase. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i saw a back pack at varitech an i gota say it look very nce indeed it was pricy tho ive got the wcw one 18l its bin ok but ive had issues the gardner one looks good kevin250 showed me one that looked good spose to b very relible http://www.johnhewitt.com/backpacks.htm the ws18 was the one i think

3. tom harvey

tom harvey Newcomer

Thanks for the info tench,it's appreciated :)

4. AJ windows

AJ windows Active Member

I have a Gardiner backpack and very impressed with it, easy buy at 105 quid delivered. The only downside I've found is the metal clips aren't strong enough on the straps. So use handle instead.

5. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

Not too many people keep backpacks on their back, but stuck them on a sack truck. So, if you are feeling handy, you could make one! Look up DIY Trolley on the DIY section on here. (Sorry I'd give you a link but its a pain when posting on tapatalk).

I have/had a big boy back pack, there is a review to it somewhere on this forum (same link problem as above)

All you really need to think about with a backpack is the quantity of water it will hold and the pump - psi and lpm. Have a look on ebay there are a few less expensive ones on there.

6. davewindowcleaner

davewindowcleaner Well-Known Member

Carrying the big boy backpack handle with water in it will snap the handle off. I sometime used big boy backpack but only on the trolly.

7. tom harvey

tom harvey Newcomer

Cheers again guys,very helpful thank you.

8. Window Cleaning Rayleigh

Window Cleaning Rayleigh Well-Known Member

Gardiners backpack for me too, never had any troubles with it

9. joe90i

joe90i Member

[​IMG] yep put mine in a trolley was looking for one with only one handle but couldn't fine the right thing so got this today £17 in b&q works a treat n no moor humping the back pack around I like it for the big air filled tyres to go over all terrine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. abs

abs Guru

Buying a backpack just to fit on a trolley seems a bit daft to me ! Just but a trolley surely ?
    Is the bigboy 18ltr ? Your going to spend all your day filling it up ??
    Is it just for tops or awkward windows or for everyday every house usage ?

Advertisement