Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

irrational complaints

WCF

Help Support WCF:

B

boarcity

do you get any? that is ,complaints that dont make sense

heres a recent example. had this customer about a year, good tipper and easter chocs too, maybe this was a sign, anyway read on

2 cleans ago she didnt answer the door like she usually does and i get a sh/tty text later same day saying one of my lads has missed a sill. we return and get this sill immediately [lad says was got] but hohum, and lad apologizes at the door to her

next clean everyone is on alert, "dont miss a sill- pay heed "

days later ,i get a long letter saying the sill was obviously only wiped once and she got a black finger wiping along it. please improve your service blah blah

now this is an extreme example, but irrational daft complaints what do you think ,whats it really all about ? is it about putting you down?

Looks like she might be looking for a way out and just doesnt know how to say it so she comes up with all these silly complaints. I wouldnt be surprised if next letter you get is something like "sorry but your service was not quite like it ised to be thank you for your service but thank you" ...

Some people are just a wee bit mad. You could spend ages look for rational but its simply not there.

Sometimes crazy is good too.

so how would you handle that complainer ? carry on and wait for the chop text? talk thru letterbox provin im dafter than she is ? just drop her off the round?

Play along until it does your head in/becomes an inconvenience, maybe.

Or turn it into sport. Mess with their minds a bit. Not sure how. Hidden messages left on the glass maybe?

Tell her if shes unhappy with the service you provide, with she is obviously, then let her know she can free if charge cancell further service and find another windie.

Looks like she might be looking for a way out and just doesnt know how to say it so she comes up with all these silly complaints. I wouldnt be surprised if next letter you get is something like "sorry but your service was not quite like it ised to be thank you for your service but thank you" ...
I had a customer complain that I cleaned her windows and 3 hours later it rained! Never gone back

I had a customer complain that I cleaned her windows and 3 hours later it rained! Never gone back
What? You mean you haven't learnt how to control the weather! What's wrong with you man :rofl:

One custy I had springs to mind. Had been cleaning his windows for about a year no problems at all until one day he returned home just as I finished and started examining my work! Then the nit picking started, pointing out deep stains on the upvc frames and sills, to which I explained that that would be an extra as it came under restoration. Then he moved on to the fascias & soffits pointing out that I hadn't cleaned them. Eh? I'd never cleaned them before as he'd never asked therefore I'd never priced for them, and why all this from him now?

The last straw for me was when he pointed to his brass door handle ranting that I hadn't chipped the blobs of white paint off!

So let me get this straight, you want me to clean your windows/Fascias/Soffits, restore your frames & sills AND chip the bloody paint off your door handle all for £7

Probably the only time I've really lost it with a custy. He was calling me all sorts of things. Not sure why he turned on me but what an ar$e :mad:

Had one customer I did the first clean, their windows and sills were filthy, I got it all spot on and the customer was over the moon (the wife) and pretty much begged me to keep coming as she had, had window cleaners come once and never again....... (alarm bells start)

Anyway go back and do second clean, they're perfect, again she is well chuffed, but no money on her can she pay BACs (I take most payments like this anyway) and I said that is fine.

A week later I get a letter through the door from the husband saying I don't rinse properly there is really bad spotting and other issues that are only related to WFP, my guess is he had a trad guy knock on the door, slag my work off and offer to do it cheaper, but still, found it really strange getting a customer listing off every single issue you can potentially get with WFP.

The windows were perfect.

My favorite complaint came when I was on another house altogether and was along the lines of.....

Customer: 'you didn't do the velux.......you come when you like.......sundays are not a good day to collect.......you missed the bathroom window....... and you broke my garden gnome........!!

Me: 'Sorry luv but who do you think I am?'

Customer: 'The window cleaner'

Me 'A window cleaner luv but not your window cleaner'

Customer: 'Oh I'm sorry, how much do you charge ?'

Me: 'Sorry luv, i'm fully booked up!' :hehehe:

If she moans like that when I dont do her windows I'd hate to see what she's like as a customer!

My favorite complaint came when I was on another house altogether and was along the lines of.....
Customer: 'you didn't do the velux.......you come when you like.......sundays are not a good day to collect.......you missed the bathroom window....... and you broke my garden gnome........!!

Me: 'Sorry luv but who do you think I am?'

Customer: 'The window cleaner'

Me 'A window cleaner luv but not your window cleaner'

Customer: 'Oh I'm sorry, how much do you charge ?'

If she moans like that when I dont do her windows I'd hate to see what she's like as a customer!
A bullet well dodged I think!

Everyone thats ever complained to me has been ditched. The sort of person that winges at a window cleaner is the sort that will have lot of other character problems IMO.

So a window got missed, who cares. Sill didnt get wiped, who cares. If it happened every time I would understand, but once in a while is just a mistake, nothing more, not even worth the trouble.

Customer: how much do you charge ?'

They always look like that they don't believe you, even when you really are. I have had a few lately that have tried to argue that I had to have a space somewhere. One guy said, "I don't know what's a matter with people these days,..no one wants to work" then hung up.

I'm afraid I bit, so rang him back and gave him an earful. Cheeky git.

They always look like that they don't believe you, even when you really are. I have had a few lately that have tried to argue that I had to have a space somewhere. One guy said, "I don't know what's a matter with people these days,..no one wants to work" then hung up.I'm afraid I bit, so rang him back and gave him an earful. Cheeky git.
Good on you. I know exactly what you mean, its like they think we should all be desperate for it, whereas if there boss had told them to stay behind after hours, they would say they want to go home and see their family. Truth be told if we are doing our jobs right we should all be overloaded with work, so as a customer they should be glad to find someone thats in demand, even if it means waiting.

Had a lady ask me to skip cleaning the conservatory this time as she just had it knocked down and rebuilt. Cleaned the window above the conservatory water fed pole and she can out having s go because I got water on the roof. I said what if it starts raining? Face was priceless. Safe to say I don't clean her windows anymore.

Customer dumped us for being unreliable.

We were 3 days later and explained that I was in hospital.

Total &@&&@&&!?) of a customer tbh lol

And then you get those who are really desperate to get a window cleaner. Been looking for over a year and very grateful that you have turned up. When you do the job they are delighted and pay you smiling. Saying things like, "You will be back in six weeks, don't forget"

Only to find on the third clean, now you have done the hard work that hubby has decided to clean from now on.

Thne they say, "If he doesn't get around to them I'll give you a ring"

I say, "Oh I will easily fill your space so there wont be any space if you do ring"

Its amazing how many people use sick relatives as an excuse for cancelling. Theres either an epidemic going on or these ******* are telling porkies. I always feel like saying "WHAT THE FLYING F*** HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH YOUR WINDOWS???!!!", but I know one day I'll get it wrong, so I just play along.

Back