Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Twin tank system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

I live in a flat so using an external booster pump is tricky.   I need the option of filling on the go from girlfriends or mums taps.   Currently using twin DI set up.  TDS 250 which isn't great.

The twin tank set up pumps tap water from one tank to another using 12 v battery through 40 40 ro and got auto shut off for when other tank is full.   Just worry with so many gadgets if something goes wrong could be a hassle to fix it.  All in battery pumps etc etc £3000

Any opinions? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Often thought about something like this myself, only I wondered about a cheaper option...

Just disconnect hose reel and put the outlet hose from your pump through twin di and then back into main tank. Over time this should obviously reduce overall tds in tank because every pass is taking solids out of water. Now I don't know how long you would need to do that for to take whole tank to 000ppm but you could buy another leisure battery to keep pump running all night or however long it takes. Never tried it but was sure it would work

Then I though what's the point if twin di on the way outakes it 000 when it hits the glass anyway?

Then I reread your post and realised you were talking about not using di and setting up to.

Problem with that is the waste water. You would never filter all the water in tank 1 even if waste was fed back I to it imho

Often thought about something like this myself, only I wondered about a cheaper option...

Just disconnect hose reel and put the outlet hose from your pump through twin di and then back into main tank. Over time this should obviously reduce overall tds in tank because every pass is taking solids out of water. Now I don't know how long you would need to do that for to take whole tank to 000ppm but you could buy another leisure battery to keep pump running all night or however long it takes. Never tried it but was sure it would work

Then I though what's the point if twin di on the way outakes it 000 when it hits the glass anyway?

Then I reread your post and realised you were talking about not using di and setting up to.

Problem with that is the waste water. You would never filter all the water in tank 1 even if waste was fed back I to it imho

I am not going to do it myself, I spoke to a professional fitter who would do it.  I think his company is the only one that uses this system.

Back