Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

R.I.P

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Posh

Today was a sad day as my Harris pole converted to wfp was used for the last time. For ages I've heard people on here say they don't last long. 3 years later its finally washed its last window. Went to tighten it up today & it wouldn't tighten. Had a minutes silence & took it down the dump. Tears were shred.

I've got a nice facelift pole but for some reason on a Sunday loading up I always stuck the Harris in & not the facelift. As you say it owes me nothing.

thought banana was dead recently all jammed up after painting it....

but....I sanded it back to life....and sprayed it with silicon spray and its all good now...with its new blue 30metre pipe....

sorry posh me too tight to throw anything away actually...I did throw a red rubber glove into the recycling tonight as it had a rip in a finger..but I did ...for a while....seriously think about ....filling the hole with silicon...but I was strong and threw it out..

of course I kept the other one thats not leaking....just have to find a one armed person now and he can have a free glove...:rofl:

rip poshs pole..../emoticons/biggrin.png

thought banana was dead recently all jammed up after painting it....
but....I sanded it back to life....and sprayed it with silicon spray and its all good now...with its new blue 30metre pipe....

sorry posh me too tight to throw anything away actually...I did throw a red rubber glove into the recycling tonight as it had a rip in a finger..but I did ...for a while....seriously think about ....filling the hole with silicon...but I was strong and threw it out..

of course I kept the other one thats not leaking....just have to find a one armed person now and he can have a free glove...:rofl:

rip poshs pole..../emoticons/biggrin.png
Same as me Dave, if a ladder clamp thread goes I'll buy a new set but keep the other one incase one of the new ones breaks /emoticons/smile.png

Ive got a harris pole in the shed, not used it yet as i have a gardiner clx. Once the gardiners done im using the harris.

Clamps are starting to go on gardiner too :hey:

Anyone sell their poles on whilst they're still ok and buy new???

I've got an slx18 coming up to a year old, use it for maybe 75% of my work, its still in good condition and should fetch a good price on ebay.

Would you trade up to a new pole for say £50-£80 ontop of what I get for the current pole or use it untill it dies?

talking to my mate this week, about the

18ft slx, being next pole, got 22ft, 25ft as my main poles but i,m sure 18ft could cover a lot of your graft, lighter and shorter too

why hump 25ft when nice short light 18ft is enough

talking to my mate this week, about the18ft slx, being next pole, got 22ft, 25ft as my main poles but i,m sure 18ft could cover a lot of your graft, lighter and shorter too

why hump 25ft when nice short light 18ft is enough
18ft will do most but I've got a fair few 3 story new builds and it does p##s me off having to swap to my p.o.s chinese 27ft bendy c##p to get that one top window, think I'll buy a 22ft slx next time...should reach on my tiptoes?

finger,s will stink with them rubber gloves cheap surely
yep your right there duncs...but they are safe in there all sorts of diseases in gutters..

I er....got it back out of the recycling bin and decided to use it at home...

yeh cheapy is as tight as a ....quack quack well you all say Im quackers..:rofl:

Back