Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

guttervac questions

WCF

Help Support WCF:

greenhorn84

Been wondering about guttervac's for ages

and noticed a thread about 1 dying after 3 years, i can only imagine these been seasonal so a small window

of time to use each year so i was wondering how many months a year use do you get?

How many jobs are people getting in that time?

How long have others had their machine.

as i see £50 or £60 quite commonly quoted to do with gutter cleaning

so 20 cleans perhaps before you even pay for the guttervac, are the worth buying?

We empty gutters all year round , but obviously winter time is busier as gutters that look ok get blocked and overflow, gutter vac in my opinion is a must we do a lot of hotels 3/4 stories try doing that off a ladder , also dormer gutters very difficult to do off ladders , price accordingly the customer cannot do it so charge a premium if you are doing just houses you can do it with a ladder but a vac is still far quicker and safer , occasionally you might need a ladder if a down pipe is badly blocked or roots have gone up under roof tiles, some gutters the roof tiles are very close to the gutter and there isn't much room to get the vac in but a good survey when quoting should identify this problem , again explained this to the customer and charge accordingly, we find that we get 9 out of 10 commercial jobs that we quote for , take up rate for houses is slightly less as some home owners expect you to do it for peanuts , gutter vac isn't the answer for everything but the vast majority can be done this way . We get a lot of local window cleaners pass work to us as they haven't got the kit to do it , that suites us well as it's a nice earner . You don't have to spend huge amounts of money if you want to do 2 storey houses , I've just bought a second much smaller vac and use my existing poles and hose with it the vac cost £90 first job I did with it I covered that cost and made a profit

Thanks for the info really helpful.

so what's the best value vacs any stand out choices (would be only domestics to start)?

Dan

Yes mate I have me a vac, as said, before you get you pipes connected I've been up & cleated & now cash in hand & gutter vac man just been plugged in.. As already said the vacs can't do every job..

I got told off for recommending a company once before as it was viewed as advertising but the guy does post on hear his vacs are very reasonably priced and would be ideal for someone starting up , I have just bought a smaller vac 1800 watt 25ltr it's ideal for smaller jobs works a treat , and won't take long to get your money back , and be one step ahead of the competition

Back