Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

VAT Reduction

jamesthered

Has anyone picked up on possible vat reduction in budget to a threshold of £25k to keep in line with rest of the world. News report say will generate £2bn in additional revenue.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Heard the rumours but can't believe it would be introduced in one go. They would have to employ thousands of extra staff, and that's just for the registration. Wouldn't surprise me if he announced a dropping of the threshold to something like £50k over the next 5 years or a consultation period.

There has been rumours in a few articles but it's not front page news, can't see it this budget but wouldn't be surprised if there's plans put in place to do something with it over the next few years either lowering it or looking at the way businesses hit a wall as it were. You would think the most sensible thing to do would to base the percentage you pay based on turnover rather that the cliff edge it is now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be a godsend to us, I’ll be honest

We have to work 20% smarter or harder to just be at the same level.
Don’t have the volume to truly even out or spread the cost.

I think it should either be raised in a tiered system, set at £1m or lowered to peanuts

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Didn't you get where you got to because you were competing against VAT registered companies. 

Because of hard work and determination. I’m still fairly new to the game, this’ll be my fourth winter. (Not sure there are that many Solar cleaning companies local to us, so never had the advantage you speak of) We’re having to compete with guys that are evading tax by staying under the threshold. It’s not really fair but it is what it is and you have to play with what you’re dealt.

Hi Mr Green where did you get your motorised reel from please ?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back