Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Evening all!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

themoog

Hello. My name is Simon and I own Glass Act Window Cleaning. I am based in Norfolk and I have just started up after several years out of the game. I am a traditional cleaner and my plan is to build my business up slowly while I work my full time job (postie) and when it gets to a point I will either reduce my hours at work or leave completely. Running my own business and being fully self employed has been a dream of mine for years...my father was self employed and my brother has his own business so it's a family tradition...and, frankly, I'm sick and tired of working for someone else's bonus, being told when I can take my holiday and only seeing the kids one weekend in 6. As for working Saturdays...grrr, hate it with a passion!

Any hints about kit/equipment would be a great help...I have the usual stuff (boab, scrims, microfibres, various size squeeges, different mops etc) but advice on what to buy or upgrade from my current kit to would be an almighty help.

Dodger...several new estates going up in my area so I will be canvassing like mad in the next few weeks and months! Door knocking, flyers...if it drums up business I shall do it as I really want this to be successful.

Eventually, when window cleaning has got to a profitable stage, I'd like to go into carpet and upholstery cleaning, drive and patio cleaning and hard floor cleaning too.

Back