Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many residental customers

Potentially thousands I think would be the correct answer. However you can only do so much on your own.

It's not about numbers really but more to do with profitability.

Lets just say for instants someone has 500 customer on their books that is worth say £100 each per year = £50,000

Total 5000 jobs per year

Then say for instance someone else has 250 customers worth £200 each per year = £50,000

Total 2500 jobs per year

Both say on a 4 weekly cycle of £10 & £20 respectively

Now lets say someone else has say 250 jobs per year worth £200 each total = £50,000

Total 250 jobs per year.

The gross turnover is the same on all three examples but the person that is smart could end up working less for more net profit surely?

iv occasionally said to my workers , "if i dropped my prices tomorrow to £1 per house, just think how many 1000s of customers id have

can u imagine my workers faces??

They would not be happy for sure @boarcity /emoticons/biggrin.png

At the end of the day each individual knows what he/she needs to earn to pay the bills etc. So after saying that I think pricing (net profit) when working for yourself is the crucial part to get right. Ideally then you can also spend quality time with your loved ones without having to work all hours godsend.

It's a fine line you have to walk

To little you might as well sign on for a living

Too much no custys

For me I like to push the boundaries price wise and watch their reaction. Mind you I'm priming them that I don't do a cheap job so is not too much of a shock /emoticons/biggrin.png

All Joking aside I find most ppl are willing to pay more for a quality job which is done safely.

For me I like to push the boundaries price wise and watch their reaction. Mind you I'm priming them that I don't do a cheap job so is not too much of a shock /emoticons/biggrin.png
All Joking aside I find most ppl are willing to pay more for a quality job which is done safely.
Quality Is the key word smurf. When customers can see they are getting a good job done and, also, that their windy is polite and respectful, then most dont mind paying a good price.

Regarding the amount of customers, i have 300 which includes a lot of big houses and an increasing amount of regular interior windows. I have dropped about 25 over the last month in a bid to help me catch up, but must have gained about 15 new customers over the same period ( i only take on new customers if it helps to condense the round). A window cleaning round is forever evolving!

What the feck is wrong with my flippin likes I keep on pressing the wrong flippin icon sorry for all those random ratings Smurf lol.

To true smurf "Quality lingers were price is forgotten"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry bud as I've done that a few times myself /emoticons/biggrin.png

What the feck is wrong with my flippin likes I keep on pressing the wrong flippin icon sorry for all those random ratings Smurf lol.

Back