Which Microphone for Online Videos?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by WWC, Feb 28, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am sure some of you have experience of creating videos online. I am looking for a microphone that's decent enough, but doesn't break the bank. I did a vid the other day using a cheap lapel mic that I had. I did the voice recording on my PC and the recording is poor. I cleaned it up with software which helped, but there is only so much you can do with a poor quality original.

Ive seen some mics that are just extortionate IMO. I just wanted something reasonable, im not making a profession out of video production.

So, any recommendations for anyone who uses mics? A lapel / lavier mic would be nice, but if there is better value in a different type that still works well, then great.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

well if your running thru your pc souncard its gonna be shite anyway

i used to record music/have a studio

how much do you want to spend?

3. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

Yeah, the computer sound card isn't fancy. But if it's really a problem, I do have a good Sony MP3 player that will record. I can always add the sound on a separate track if I really have to.

Money wise, maybe up to £30, surely I can get something that give reasonable speech quality for that. Though I see much more expensive for sale.

Paul

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

lapel mike eh , sounds like youre already livin the dream tony.jpg

Advertisement