Which new backpack?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Pegasus, Sep 2, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Well-Known Member

Had a WCW backpack for 18 months. Pretty happy with it apart from the lid thread being rubbish and too often the lid coming off in my hand when using it as a handle. Also both the speeds seem too quick now to be efficient with water use

Anyway, need a 30 foot pole now for big houses and thinking of either getting the Bayersan one (the white one with green lid) or the new gardiner one with a proper handle.

Would like any views on general all round brush, pole and good backpack.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Alex Gardiner may sort you out a good deal;)

3. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Evening Pegasus. I am looking for a decent backpack as well....I am trad but feel a backpack would help me with some of the awkward/dangerous windows that I have. What make of backpack have you been using?

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

So many moving over to the dark side but you know it makes sense...before you know it you will be wanting a van mount :D

5. Pegasus

Pegasus Well-Known Member

I had the Big Boy pack from WCW. It's done a decent job (good holding charge)apart from the odd issue. I mentioned the lid thread. You would never put it on your back so I just lug it round but when the lid regularly comes off the cheap design must be questioned.

Also my connector lead from backpack to pole is getting shorter and shorter. As this tube is pretty rigid rubber with wear and tear it splits at the backpack end so you must cut off and make a new plug with tape to stick in and tighten with the nut.

I was impressed when I borrowed a white one with green lid: good lid thread, 3 speed but maybe a bit small.

Anyway going to maybe try the he's Gardiner one.

I only use an estate car and happy staying with that. No plan for a van.

6. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

The gardiners one looks good though heard no reports on it. I would rather pay a bit more for a quality no hassle unit. I will continue to investigate. May avoid the big boy back pack

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

They know it makes sense Smurf :thumbsup: Once bitten and all that :D

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

9. Posh

Posh Hero

My orange wcw is great. Been going for 2 years now. Decent handle to. I also found with the big boy the lid kept coming away when lifting it. Use it as a spare now. Also happy doing trad. Will never go full wfp. I just think trad does a better job for me but the backpack is defiantly worth having for them windows above Connies.

10. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

i,ve got the big boy W C W and also the gardiners the fittings are the same on/off switch not the best already replaced.
    the handle flimsy. yes they are different shape but they have both got same fittings.
    the backpacks are so handy and quick b ut I hav,int found total reliable one yet.

Advertisement