Which pole and bits and bobs

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Reach For The Glass, Oct 27, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Reach For The Glass

Reach For The Glass Well-Known Member

Hi guys

Going to buy a gardiner slx, but which one 18ft or 25ft.

100% of work will be residential of standard 2 floor houses (including ground ) and 2 floor with veluxe etc.

Also 6 or a 8mm pole hose.

Can't see me needing much other hose as working off backpack. Can someone clarify this though.

Also what other connections etc do I need. Obviously some kind of tap. What about hose connections etc.

Cheers guys

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

18 will reach all two story houses (1 story officially) like pic below:

image.png

25 ft will be needed if you have any 3 story houses like this below: (officially actually 2 story, but we we all call them 3 story houses)

image.png

My 25' will reach all 3 story houses, but you would struggle to reach velux windows at 3 story height (the ones that are on the roof of the house) so if you have any of them you'll also need some extension sections or an even higher pole

3. Reach For The Glass

Thanks jake exactly what I meant.

I only want 1 pole until I get some customers. Am I better buying the 25 and using it on everything. Is there much weight issues or negative effects using a 25 over 18?

Also I'm going for a gardiner back pack mounted to a trolley. What hose and connections are needed.

Also which extension for those roof veluxe 6 or 8? More than 1 ??

Cheers mate.

4. Jake

Jake Grand Master

#4 Jake, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    You'll need a 25 and then about two extension sections for velux,

You'll have all the info on the Gardiner website with regards to what extension sections to choose, just click on the extension section page and have a look, the descriptions tell you what section fits onto what pole

As for connections, choose the ezsnap connevtikns (rectus 21 fittings) male and female, they just connect together,

5. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Ahh you kids make me laugh!! :p J/K Jakes always helpful (Mostly)

I have both 18 and 25 SLX there is a substantial difference in weight when used all day, 90% of my work is 18ft, maybe ask Alex Gardiner if there is a modular extension for the 18ft perhaps (such a light litle brush you wont even know you're using it.

Also as for a tap, no need as there is an on off switch on all the backpacks I know of.

7. Reach For The Glass

Cheers guys

Green what kind of weight differance. As in that's seriously more heavy or just a bit heavier?

Also as it's trolley mounted too would it not be wise to have a valve closer to hand?

8. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Yeah the 18 is very light, it's also my everyday pole green, I think there is an extension section for the 18, but I still think it's a good idea to have both of funds allow, I was thinking a 25 with extensions would reach all residential houses,

With an 18 you'd need a lot of extensions, might work out more expensive that way,

Hopefully the OP will be able to buy both ;)

9. Jake

Jake Grand Master

The weights are all on the website,

But you would notice it over a day, the 18 feels much much lighter, but then so does a 25 over a 30/35... And so on... Lol

10. spruce

spruce Grand Master

As a first pole an SLX25 will do 99% of your work. We don't do velux windows unless we are asked and can reach them. We suggest customers to do them from the inside as they flip around.

My SLX22 will just reach the loft room windows in Jake's second picture. Daughter has just bought a new build house and that loft window is set further back with their front garden sloping away from the door.
    I doubt even my son's SLX25 will reach them.

Advertisement