Which pole clamps are the best and are they interchangeable?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by badbusdriver, Apr 5, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Ok, so we have established that both brodex and gardiner pole clamps are poor, but which make of pole has the best clamps?.
    Also, could these clamps be put on a different make of pole?. I'm asking, because, a, my 7' 3 section brodex alloy has 1 knackered clamp, but the rest of it is ok.
    And, b, after reading the thread about gardiners, i'm thinking that it might be a better idea just to get a 34' brodex alloy. If i can get decent quality clamps that will fit the brodex, i would be sorted!. [hr]
    Oh, and by the way, the ***le of this thread is for masons, specific enough for you pal?!

Advertisement
  2. Aqua-dapter

Aqua-dapter Active Member

I know someone who put Elite clamps on to a Brodex pole. I will check how he has got on with them, which pole it was and whether they fitted perfectly.

One reservation I would have about doing this with any clamps is that if they don't fit exactly, the might wear or be stressed in a different way to what they were designed for. The manufacturer may be unlikely to warranty the clamps if they're used on a compe***or's pole?

Paul

3. mark m

mark m Hero

Hope i have not put you off buying a gardiners pole apart from the clamps they a great pole you would not regret it compared to your brodex pole [hr]
    Hi Paul

Do you sell elite hybrid poles

4. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

the clamps i have had the less hassle with are the xtel ones, i replaced some the other day and it is like a new pole,

5. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Hey Paul, i wouldnt be to concerned from the warranty point of view, as i wouldnt be replacing the standard clamps right away, only once they started failing. But i would be very interested in finding out how this windy you know got on with his elite clamps. If you could find out, i would be most grateful. [hr]
    Was it an xtel pole mate?, if not, what kind of pole did you put them on?.

6. simon

simon Guru

gardiner clamps poor ????????????????? dunno about that mate i think they do come unstuck now & again ( never happened to me )but they're dead easy to re glue & a new gardiners clamp costs about the same as just the p&p for a brodex clamp, also a 34 brodex alloy ?????????? i used a 31ft for a year & it was hard going, it kept me mostly trad, then i got a clx 27 & never looked back

7. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Just going by what i read on the other thread about changing from gardiners poles. At least 5 different windy's with negative opinions regarding the clamps, are they all wrong?. Now you say it is easy enough to fix the problem, but, and call me old fashioned if you want, if i am spending over £400 on a pole, i dont expect to have to be doing running repairs on it!.

I have been using a 34' fibreglass brodex since i started nearly 3 years ago, and have, on occasion used a 45' fibreglass universal (now that was a beast!), so i am curious to what you mean by 'hard going' with your 31'?.

8. simon

simon Guru

soz i thought you said a brodex alloy pole not fibre glass, cos they get well heavy & it was hard doing the bottoms with it

9. Paul

Paul Guest

As for the clamps I havnt a clue, but I love the ***le lol

10. MarkB

MarkB Member

nothing wrong with gardiner pole clamps at all

Advertisement