Which Poles & Brushes?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by paul1, Mar 2, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paul1

paul1 Well-Known Member

Hi again guys after finally deciding that an on demand ro di trolley will be best for me due to been on a water meter at home and having no real storage or garage etc, just wondering now what poles and brushes you guys would recommend ???

I was looking at going with gardiners poles but can anyone recommend which to go for and what size and what brushes and size to go for also? I will be cleaning windows alittle but also mainly gutter/fascia cleaning and conservatories etc...

Any advice appreciated please?

cheers

Paul

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

The only issue I have with gardiner poles is that you can't buy just one pole for all jobs but you can buy extra sections to make whatever you bought longer if you wanted :D

3. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

why not Smurf ?

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I'm on about taking sections of quickly you don't need and putting them back on when you do instead of having 2-3 poles in the van.

5. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

If you're comparing poles like-for-like ie...internal pole-hose, then Gardiner poles are as quick as any pole to add sections or take sections off.

6. paul1

paul1 Well-Known Member

So what should I go for? Length, model. Brushes etc ?

Thanks

7. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I just depends on you current and future customer base.

My son manages with an slx25 for virtually all his customers. He only needs an slx40 for one of them.

If I didn't have that pole then he just wouldn't take the job or tell the customer that he couldn't reach that window - 'simples'.

TBH we only need the pole 4 or 5 times a month and for a big commercial job once a year. For the rest of the time I manage with my slx22.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

SLX-22 is a good all day pole. If you're going to be cleaning plastics as well as windows and only want one brush then I would buy the Gardiners dual trim medium mixed and I would put both pencil and fan jets in it. A sill brush is better for cleaning plastics, but I can't get on with them when cleaning windows, but I do have a slight hoard of brushes to pick from for every job :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Brushes?

Difficult one.

I like the extreme medium mixed bristles for maintenance cleans. They are also great for leaded windows. I have this brush on my clx22.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/al...xtreme-window-cleaning-brushes-105g-165g.html

I have a sill brush on my slx22 which I like as my day to day brush.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/al...ll-brush-dual-trim-medium-mixed-bristles.html

I also like the Superlite dual trim brush for first cleans.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/al...ar-brush-dual-trim-medium-white-bristles.html

10. paul1

paul1 Well-Known Member

Thanks all

Advertisement