Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

After 8 months tradding, just bought my first WFP package...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil nowdownunder

Hi all,

I know its a bit late now. Should have asked you before I bought. I've purchased this WFP kit and should arrive on Wednesday. Nearly all homes over here have at least one outdoor tap, so this requires no pump and is simply hooked up to the outdoor tap for us. The pole is supposed to be 100% carbon fibre.

This is what I've ordered...

I'm doing mainly residential cleaning.

Appreciate opinions. Looking forward to using this.

Thanks,

Neil.

View attachment 5613

Hi all,
I know its a bit late now. Should have asked you before I bought. I've purchased this WFP kit and should arrive on Wednesday. Nearly all homes over here have at least one outdoor tap, so this requires no pump and is simply hooked up to the outdoor tap for us. The pole is supposed to be 100% carbon fibre.

Thanks,

Neil.
How hard is the water in your area?

It should get you going nicely, check the tap tds in the area, as this will determine how much resin you go through...

As others say your TDS reading is going to decide if this is going to be expensive to run or not, I couldn't get away with just DI in my area.

And looks like it must run directly off tap pressure as Tuffers says, could also be an issue if their taps are low on pressure.

Thanks all for your replies. Greatly appreciated. I'm working an area called Mornington Peninsula ( about an hours drive south of Melbourne) all taps here appear Ive come across have very high pressure. Water quality here is fantastic. I couldn't drink tap water in the Midland's UK (where I came from), but its O.K. here. The TDS is around 60 PPM which I think is fairly low isn't it? Its not a hard water area.

I guess the only potential problem for me here is when I do industrial units with no outdoor tap and remote country parts in the middle of the peninsula with only tank water supply which won't have much pressure.

Sounds fine, resin should last a while, but check tds at the brush head at each house to make sure it's coming out at 000ppm,

Also the speed of the water going through the resin might too fast with high tap pressure,

It may worth getting a van with a tank and a pump for when the pressure is too high/low, and also when your cleaning places with no tap in sight,

You can always keep the tank topped up with customers water whilst cleaning if you used the tank and pump!

Thanks Diwrnach and Jake. I'm excited should be here tomorrow.

Are you saying the high water pressure could prematurely use up the resin. I guess if there's enough pressure with tap half open I could do that? Would that have an effect on resin use? Do you always keep a spare bag with you in your vehicle?

Thanks Diwrnach and Jake. I'm excited should be here tomorrow.Are you saying the high water pressure could prematurely use up the resin. I guess if there's enough pressure with tap half open I could do that? Would that have an effect on resin use? Do you always keep a spare bag with you in your vehicle?
I'm produce water at home and take it with me.

The pressure itself shouldn't effect the resin, but you will need a certain amount to push the water through the resin all the way through the hose and have at least some pressure out of the brush.

Cheers Diwrnach.

Just got my new toy today, but haven't started it yet. Some photo's attached. Not sure Ive hooked up correctly. What's the ball thing for???? I've stuck in on the hose as there's a hole the same aperture but can't see what it does.

Thinking that small canister is a pre filter so water should be going into that first I guess. No instructions with the gear.

View attachment 5631

View attachment 5632

View attachment 5633

View attachment 5634

Cheers Diwrnach.Just got my new toy today, but haven't started it yet. Some photo's attached. Not sure Ive hooked up correctly. What's the ball thing for???? I've stuck in on the hose as there's a hole the same aperture but can't see what it does.

Thinking that small canister is a pre filter so water should be going into that first I guess. No instructions with the gear.
The little ball goes over the pole hose to protect taps and fittings when you drag the hose over the ground.

I can see one thing that is going to really **** you off with your gear! The hose on the reel looks like PU pole hose, it will kink like buggery, especially the length you've got. Keep us informed.

Thanks for the advice. I agree the hose does not look that great. I'm going to go into our DIY store tomorrow and buy a better quality hose. Other than that though I had a go with it today on my home windows. Its amazing!!! sooo easy! Love it!!!

One question though and this may be a very silly question but I will ask.

I'm using my car at the moment to put my gear in (saving up for a Nissan x-trail). The boot is not big enough to put the Di tank standing up. Is it OK to lie the tank on its side in the boot, then get to the job, sit it upright and use it straight away? Does it need time to settle???

Thanks in advance.

As long as the inlet and outlet are sealed when it's lay down I can't see a problem. With it sloshing about on its side it will make the resin last a bit longer too.

Hi all,

Thanks,

Neil.
Would all your customers not mind you using their taps? Round my way if I had to do that plenty would kick off :eek:

Thanks Guys, no most people Trev over here are very easy going and would not fret about using some water. even though its metred over here too.

Used it on a customer for the first time yesterday and he had no issues hooking up to their water. All went well except for one window which ended up with a couple of dirty runs. Guess the top frame wasn't cleaned well enough. All part of the learning curve and fixed it up.

Funny we only have the one car at the moment (Nissan Pulsar)and I ended up putting the Di tank and trolley on a back passenger seat upright with a seatbelt around it. Can't wait to get a bigger vehicle. Hoping to get an X-trail soon. Should be big enough for my needs.

Question: when you finish a job and turned the outdoor tap off, should I then open the outlet tap on the di tank to let water in it run out? before taking back home or should it be left full of water? Thanks.

Question: when you finish a job and turned the outdoor tap off, should I then open the outlet tap on the di tank to let water in it run out? before taking back home or should it be left full of water? Thanks.
No, you'll be wasting pure water.

Back