Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Protecting your work

rugbywolf

I know that there are several ways in which to get paid for doing your work, and I myself use three; cash, cheque and on-line. I know that a lot of people like on-line payment because it's very easy, especially the wfp boys. Reading an article on the Window Cleaning Magazine about this recently, I got to thinking about it.

95% of my earnings comes from cash when I do the work, or when I collect at the weekend. This means that I have personal contact with most of my customers all the time; they know me and we create a bond: I am not a stranger with an address where the money goes. This means (hopefully) that someone is not likely to muscle in on my round too easily, and that is a worth taking into consideration.

That's a good point but I know 99% of my customers to talk to at the door and always make a point of speaking to them occasionally

Most of my work is from recommendations so i have got the job through reputation and will always speak to the customer in person at some point on the first quote/clean/collect..i always collect if i need to first time so i can see the customer face to face and ask them to pass on my cards to anyone they know who needs my services

Its good to talk to your customers but I say half of my customers work and go away at weekends but they are all to happy seeing clean windows and with my service and paying by bank transfers each month ot suits them better then waiting around. I do see most on the first clean tho

This kind of goes both ways.

I enjoy having a chat with my customers and do when I can, but at the same time I have a few customers that I have never met that I have had for getting on two years that when I have spoken to via texts LIKE the fact they have no interaction, their windows get cleaned and they pay online, simple, quick, effective and no need for any form of conversation or organisation.

Though I do agree with the premise of the post, it is nice to have a relationship with customers, though some times its detrimental, I have some that would chat all day long given the chance and you almost have to be rude to get away.

Very right always make a point in being very polite and asking how they are and family ect but some are the opposite and don't need constant chit chat they just want someone good to come and clean the windows and I think once you have cleaned them a few times without breaking anything or nicking anything it would take either a really good price or really good salesmen to make them swap as it's more hassle than it's worth.

many simply dont want to talk . i dont know about you others but a fair proportion of mine know we have arrived but wont leave the sofa to open a sidegate even if i knock on the door several times , yet pay properly always online.

i agree with the above the window cleaner sometimes is the only person some folk see

unfortunatly we just have to spend time with them and drink there tea and eat there biscuits

Every customer is different. The more you get to know them. The more you know which works.. Some of mine pay when I've done the Windows. Some pay on a Friday. Some pay by cheque and some pay via paypal, pingit or bank transfer.. l have found that when i was having a problem with the odd customer who says on a Friday. "oh.. sorry... I forgot you was coming" Can I pay whenever etc. Are not always skint or being awkward. They just don't have dosh at home.. Get these set up in internet banking in one way or another... I also have a few who pay via a plantpot or a BBQ in the garden. And some people quite happily let there parents pay lol. Which ever way. Its all about the relationship between you and that particular customer...

Latest Posts

Back