Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Streamline ecoline 25 feet pole

rafawindowcleaning

Hi!

Bit of a newbie question never had a carbon pole before recently purchased one on ebay advertised as lightweight carbon pole. Arrived yesterday it is made from a different material to touch than my other two poles but it is not partixularly light (certainly not as light as i imagined a carbon pole to be) and I am thinking now whether I have been lied to by the seller. Anyone can shed a bit of light on this? Anyone has this particular pole? Thanks in advance

That's a glass fibre one then mate. So not carbon fibre. Get back to them on ebay, and get your money back.

I think the giveaway is the page name for starters also the name/description of each pole on that page

If it is red in colour it also can be what they call a hybrid pole which means has a mix of fibreglass & carbon in it. A hybrid pole is more ridged than a full fiberglass pole but is still heavier than a full carbon pole.

Did you buy it new or used and how much did you pay ...got a link?

i had a fiel of these stream line carbon poles an there not very lite in fact they fiel heavy lol even the under 25ft ones:rolleyes:

I have a 57 foot ecoLite pole. It's heavy and at 2.4m at its shortest it's no fun to use when your only 5'8. Not my best purchase, it does the job. But don't get one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 57 foot ecoLite pole. It's heavy and at 1.8m at its shortest it's no fun to use when your only 5'8. Not my best purchase, it does the job. But don't get one.
Crikey, that must be some beast!!/emoticons/biggrin.png I'm about the same height as you & I can lift & lower my Xtreme 47 at full length from the ground i.e. don't have to walk it up a wall!!

Crikey, that must be some beast!!/emoticons/biggrin.png I'm about the same height as you & I can lift & lower my Xtreme 47 at full length from the ground i.e. don't have to walk it up a wall!!
I have to stand on a stepup. I can avoid the wall walk. I do laugh at myself every time I use it.

I remember when I first started, I had a 40ft glass fiber Universal pole:eek: (anyone remember them?). It HAD to be walked up the wall, bent like a banana & was virtually useless- bordering on downright dangerous in fact!! I hated it!:swear:

Right its sorted i dont know how to put a link.from.ebay on a phone so i wont but.had a word.with the seller told.him what i think.about his carbon pole. He never protested.too much at all told me he would refund.me. i paid 97 quid+10 pounds delivery so would be happy with my purchase if the pole turned out to be carbon. Anyway its sorted. What do u guys think about 24 feet ionics grafter poles? Thats a hybrid isnt it? I cant afford a brand new carbon but these grafters are just about in my price range. Worth 170 quid all in brand new ?

Right its sorted i dont know how to put a link.from.ebay on a phone so i wont but.had a word.with the seller told.him what i think.about his carbon pole. He never protested.too much at all told me he would refund.me. i paid 97 quid+10 pounds delivery so would be happy with my purchase if the pole turned out to be carbon. Anyway its sorted. What do u guys think about 24 feet ionics grafter poles? Thats a hybrid isnt it? I cant afford a brand new carbon but these grafters are just about in my price range. Worth 170 quid all in brand new ?
I would be looking at a Gardiner CLX if you want a hybrid./emoticons/wink.png

Latest Posts

Back