Which size triples

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Elliot, Feb 19, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Elliot

Elliot Active Member

I'm doing a bit of fascia work but I'm not keen on using the pole . So I want some ladders to reach the gutters safely . Now I've narrowed it down to the lyte trade 10 rung triples or 12 rung triples . Are the 10 rungs long enough or are the 12 rungs too long and heavy and not get used . Cheers el

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#2 boarcity, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2016
    iv two sets of the lytes triple ten rungs and these reach gutters very easily. you wont carry them all day long as theyre pretty heavy but fine for the oddjob

actually im selling one of these sets right now theyre on ebay auction[my ebay name is junnyald]selling with no reserve as iv no use for them as i stopped doing 3 storey ladderwork this year

3. Elliot

Elliot Active Member

Thanks for the reply boar city . But when buying ladders I really would like to buy brand new . For the price they cost I won't to know they are spot on . But your experience 10 rungs will reach gutters comfortably . By the way I have no intention of doing 3 story work , these are just to reach gutters on average houses . But I do not want to be stretching . Cheers el

4. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

I've been eyeing up a set of ABRU 6.92m triples from b&q there £98, I've been using my father in laws ABRU doubles and they aren't too bad weight wise. Plus with these triples all of the sections are the same size so you could take the middle section out when it's not needed

5. Elliot

Elliot Active Member

6. Elliot

Elliot Active Member

Actually just looked boar city . They look ok , but suffolks a bit far from Yorkshire . I think the 10 rung ones should be fine for most gutter work .

7. CHWS

CHWS Guru

Why triples and not just a decent size double, my standard double does 3 story no problem

8. Elliot

Elliot Active Member

I would swerve them abru ones . I've just ordered the lyte trade 10 rung triples .£115 delivered from midland ladders . For the extra £17 they are a lot more robust . Good word that . Bring on the gutter jobs .

9. Elliot

Elliot Active Member

I do have a decent set of doubles . Bit I did a gutter job the other day which I needed to get the micro light sat on the roof . It nearly killed me trying to get sat on the roof . Now I've never used triples but the guy I was doing the job for came out cos he saw me struggling . He said its a lot easier raising triples to the roofline than doubles .

10. CHWS

CHWS Guru

I think my double has 12 or 13 rungs and it's easy enough put up , I don't use a micro light so wouldn't no . I used to have a a wee triple and when the 3rd section was off it was light as a feather and with the 3rd section on it was heavier than you would think

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Advertisement