Which Trolley?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Laugher, Oct 2, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Laugher

Laugher Well-Known Member

Currently I use a big boy backpack on a sack barrow but it's doing my head in having to keep filling it up through out the day as it's my only way of wfp at the minute as I'm saving for a better pay loaded van to have a van mount.

So I'm only using 25l drums at the minute and thinking a trolley would save me some aggro of filling up the backpack

so the question is what trolley to go for? Purefreedom or x-line or other?

Advertisement
  2. Chimera

Chimera Member

As a cheaper short term fix to the trolley issue without spending a further £400+ for another trolley system with a van mount looming, getting several of those office water dispenser (18-20L) bottles then putting them upside down into the top of the open back pack lid strapped to the trolley to give you a 40L trolley might get you by until the van mount.

Failing that, as far as I know the pure freedom trolley can easily be turned into a van mount which'll save you some costs in transferring from trolley -> van.

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

If weight is an issue ATM, why not order the size tank you want plus the other bits and bobs, but just don't fill the tank too much? Then when you've got the dosh for a bigger van, it'll all be ready to rock n roll.

4. timbeam

timbeam Active Member

You could take the guts of the bigboy out and put them in a case which I think dodger? has done recently in the tutorials section. Then you can use whatever size container suits you on your sack truck.

5. Bernie

Bernie Active Member

Can't say bout pure freedom as not used one....but my xline is brill can also be used as a van mount best of both worlds.

6. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

pure freedom trollie is good but ide stick 2 bk pack as its still a pain luging 25l drums around or buy a tank an dont fill it rite up

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You can pick up a used 250 ltr tank realy cheap from fleebay so my suggestion is the cheapest way if you still want to lug a backpack about and not build a diy van system for that van is to use a 250 ltr tank instead of containers with a quick fill hose conected to one of these just thrown into the tank lid. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-1100-GPH-Water-BILGE-PUMP-Submersible-Yacht-Boat-Marine-Sea-/400541407491?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_BoatEquipment_Accessories_SM&hash=item5d4220d903

Best to connect it up to a seperate battery so don't have any issues starting the van. Simples...

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

There is a vid somewhere on here to show how quick it is to fill backpacks using that same bilge pump but can't find it at the mo.

9. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Don't even need a pump if your using a big tank.. I just put a 3/4 tap on the tank and can fill a barrel in 40seconds.. When I get my new tank I shall be putting a bigger tap on it..

You would be better taking your backpack apart and building your own trolley out of it.. Save the money on buying a £500 trolley and use it towards your bigger van!

10. steve32

steve32 Member

It works both ways tho, pro's and cons with both. I started the other way round and got a decent van system fitted but it did my head in setting up and running hoses. getting parked, putting cones out, getting hoses places without fouling anything and getting kinks in the hoses etc etc...... Now all i use is a bigboy on its lowest setting and have it as a trolley system. On my average house i only need a full trolley and a one 25ltr container which takes me 20seconds to place on the drive. I find it easier and quicker........................ Each to their own i suppose!! But i wouldn't advise getting a trolley system, because in effect the big boy is a trolley system just carries 3ltrs less than a standard trolley, and if you got the 50ltr trolley then that would be a nighmare lugging around and you would be still filling it a lot and it would be slower setting up and clearing up than the bigboy in my opinion. I dont think you would gain any advantage over the bigboy with a different trolley system. So id stick with the bigboy until you get a van system sorted.......... and if you are anything like me probably revert back to the bigboy more often than you'd think.

Advertisement