Which van?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Diwrnach, Feb 26, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

So, I am quite happy with my pick up, but always looking to the future and considering a Van, what is the ideal van for a decent van mount? obviously needs to be able to carry the weight and have enough room for everything, but also ideally readily available, cheap and also cheap to insure and run!

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. johnny bravo

a tuc tuc

3. Keir999

Keir999 Active Member

I have just bought a Vivaro. Superb van to drive, loads of room for all your stuff. Im putting a 650L tank in and having a 2 man system eventually. Insurance and road tax are reasonable and its decent on fuel too. Im well pleased with it.

4. Keir999

Keir999 Active Member

I saw a Tuc Tuc on shipping Wars lol. Thought 'Mr Nice' was gonna trash it !

5. High-tower

High-tower Active Member

Ive got a caddy, and it fits the bill nicely as my only vehicle. If it was just soley for work id probably look at the new berlingo's/partners.

6. CMRwindowcleaning

CMRwindowcleaning Active Member

Depends in the amount of water you want to use I've got a Citreon nemo 1.4 hdi compact van big payload for what it is cheap on fuel insurance and fits in all the car parks and spaces I need it to.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You really want a good size van that will take a decent max payload if you ever want to go large and stick a 1000 litre tank in it.

8. BenjiRixon

BenjiRixon Active Member

What's the largest size tank you'd put in say a berlingo/partner/kangoo size van? Without power/handling suffering too bad? I'm about to kit a van out but bit scared to go too large as we got a vauxhall combo 1.7 straight diesel with a 250l upright tank and it struggles when full ! :-/

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've a 1.5 ton max payload renault master ex gas van that does me just fine now for the time being. The berlingo 600kg 1.9 d I out grew it very quickly. Most small wfp vans I see about their arses looks like they are dragging on the floor where they are carrying to much weight. :rolleyes:

10. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

My pick up has 1 ton payload, if I wasn't doing pressure washing and gutter clearing I would stick a baffled tank in the back, but not enough room to get everything in at the same time, have a job tomorrow that is drive and patio pressure washing, gutter hovering and window cleaning lol.

Advertisement