Which van?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by steve hawing, Mar 29, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. steve hawing

steve hawing Active Member

Hi all
    I'm just starting out and am looking for a van, ideally a small van but Dosent have to be, I'll hopefully have a 400 litre system and all the rest of the gear
    So any recommendations folks? I get payload and reliablity will be the main factors, oh and handy on juice as well
    Cheers

Advertisement
  2. Alien Human

Vauxhall Vivaro (Bi Turbo)..appreciate its a bit bigger but I had a Volkswagen Caddy before that and (v v annoyingly) I went into the back of someone and it just crumpled with only a 250l tank in the back.

Whatever you go for mate my main tip would be make sure you've got anything above 110 horsepower if your going to carry 400l. Engine size can be small.....but horsepower is key.......in my humble opinon :alien:

3. Jake

Jake Grand Master

#3 Jake, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    Ford transit connect has been my choice,

Most are Bullet proof, good size and cheap parts etc,

Here's a video of mine that may help you envisage what you might want:

Video was originally uploaded cos I had a load of plonkers on the dreaded clean it up forum claim there was no way you could fit a pressure washer in this size van, they basically said I was making it up so did a video to prove them wrong!

There are a few good vans out there, but I found the long wheel base transit connect was the best for my needs...

Worth noting this is the most powerful of the engines supplied and has just shy of 1000kg payload, I very rarely if ever fill my tank more than 500 litres, it's because I got the 750l tank very cheap that I've got such a big one (no pun intended)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. steve hawing

Cheers lads

From what I've looked into aren't them vivaros liable for major injector problems or is there a certain engine trouble free?
    The connect I have known 3 people to have them and the 3 were very hard on diesel, I will be doing a fair bit of mileage so be looking a decent mpg return
    Cheers

5. Alien Human

Basically the old ones had a bit of a rep for being a bit dodge but the new ones have got much better reviews. A good place to have a look at all sorts of vans is.......wait for it.......www.loadsofvans.co.UK

Good luck with it all!

6. Chris Finley

Chris Finley Member

I would consider a peugeot partner/citroen Berlingo. Get the 800kg payload one. Better fuel consumption than transits. Solid engines. Great little van surprising amount of space also. Have a look at the reviews. Best small vans to buy I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

ive got a vivaro an its bin bang on 2.0 cdti i have 5 friends an theres have bin bang on 1 has the 1.9cdti an had injectores an all sorts of problims mine has 41k so far so good my m8 has 120k had it since 30 k no probs other m8 30 ish k when brout now 68k no probs other 120k no probs its luck of the draw i think on the other hand neil had one 30k injectores went an got stick in head then fixed soled now they gone again luck of the draw u takle your chance i no people with the transit custum 2.2 an the injectore has burnt a hole in the piston causing new engine quiet common on them engines also water driping on ecu poor windscrean seil design like the vivaro

8. steve hawing

The caddys seem to be highly thought of due to reliability and cost of running but they do hold there price well and are prob out of my budget
    Dunno bout French vans tbh I do see plenty of them on the road but how reliable are they I see the reviews or more negative than positive in them
    I keep coming back to a transit in my searches for reliablity, cost to run, work hourse etc but might be a tad to big for me
    I'm looking into the connects now, I don't like the look if them tbh but the reviews might sway me
    Cheers

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If you decide to go down the route of exterior property deep cleaning like I do then I would defo go for a large van with a good max payload. That way you have more room to carry all the kit about you need instead of the hassle and struggling to fit it all into a smaller van.

10. stuvy

stuvy Well-Known Member

Just to echo smurfs point, I initially brought a connect and it was too small so I went for a transit swb semi hi

Advertisement