Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First time out

• Thread starter Stayclearwindowcleaning
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

Stayclearwindowcleaning

I'm out for my first time tomorrow and I would be lying if I said that I am not pooing myself. I've been cleaning my windows on my house for the last 2 weeks whilst getting my van up to scratch. Well the van is all ready I've done a good leaflet drop and had a good response. I've got mainly first cleans to do just hope goes ok. I would of been lost with out this page Reading all peoples comments has been a big help so thanks to all

Ya wfp. Just going to give it 110%. I've been a car valeter for the last 13 years but just wanted a change.

Got pictures of your set up ??

You will be fine , just don't splash and dash for the first time tbh you will prop spend to much time on the Windows as worrying ,you will pick it up in no time but remember rinse is the most important , also first clean air vents do them now yes there a nightmare with dripping but do one frame then go do anther then go back do the glass and should of stop dripping then won't need to touch then on every clean

Good luck chap

Nice set up bud only thing I would change is your cones they will fail down in the wind and if you at the back of a house and they fallen and someone may say they tripped and didn't see signs sounds daft always use solid base ones

True did not think that. Thanks bishy. Wasn't sure to buy a second hand vans already done or do it my self. I feel better I've done it all myself now worked out cheaper

Always cheaper doing your self , and it helps having good forum as we're all here as in same trade , we all start some were and tbh I wouldn't be we're I am today if didn't pick people brains , p.s get ur self a lidl shopping basket for dirty cloths lol

I've learnt so much from reading people's posts. And it has been a great help some really good people on here that are willing to help. Thanks again p.s will get a basket lol

Trust me you will need a basket lol to take cloths out the van to washing machine and back else you your be dropping cloth to ur front door as be hard to carry all your hard earned cash and cloths in one hand

Just don't book to many jobs in at the start, just a few houses a day and take your time, speed will come later.

I thought for my first week I've got 18 house in my Area to do. Will do 3 house a day for 6 days. Just a matter of interest how many houses do people get through a day on a rough guide

Depends how much money you want and how hard you want to work, also depends how compact your round is.

I usually just do 10 a day, but can easily do 15-20 if I really wanted to, I'm just lazy lol

Didn't want to sound nosy by asking that. Just gives me a rough idea what to aim for in the future. If all goes to well. Thanks

Oh man just seen your pic - I really need to sort my van out !

Can you still valet cars

Just think you could pull up at some large properties and be there all day doing Windows and Cars

Back