Which wagtail ?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Dan Paton, May 17, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Dan Paton

Dan Paton Member

Hi I'm just starting out and will be using WFP but I'll need to learn how to use a squeegee too. I've decided on buying a wagtail but which one as there seems to be quite a few to choose from. I'm leaning towards the slimline flipper but what are the pros and cons of all of them. Thanks in advance. Dan

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

all Wagtails work and give you a real leg up- extra reach being one great benefit. i like the 14 inch slimline , used with a seperate Tbar scrubber . i have a flipper but rarely use it now -the main downside is it doesnt hold quite enough water -in the summertime you need more than it will hold as the glass is hot it dries very quickly .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

Yup.... I agree with Boarcity, I use the Wagtail Slimlines too along with the Wagtail Applicator with an Unger Micro Sleeve (Y).

Only time I attach the pad to the Slimline (Flipper) is for doing internals in conjunction with using a hand-held sprayer.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

How does it give extra reach Boar
    I would just use my 18" or bigger if my 12 or 14 didn't reach the top

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

buy one and see! i did my first few months with a fixed squeegee [Quickie] and then i stumbled on a forum where windies were raving about the Wagtail so i bought one. first go with it i realized it had a good extra reach cos the handle is longer than any other squeegee AND because it swivels youve probably got a few inches extra- extra for the corners ,especially handy when up a ladder

6. Eric Gilliand

Eric Gilliand Well-Known Member

Wagga actually has an old vid where he demonstrates the extra reach.

7. norm

norm Grand Master

thats a bummer
    choose wisely :D

Advertisement