which wfp work gloves are best?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by badbusdriver, Dec 1, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Hi everyone, its getting pretty cold out there and my unger neoprene gloves have seen better days so im thinking about getting a new pair. The ungers have been ok, but i seem to keep catching them in between the clamps on my 'upstairs' pole when i am collapsing it, which, unless i am extremely careful, removal usually results in a tear (thats the main reason they have seen better days). Also, it wasnt long before the non-slip surface on the palm started peeling off. So im wondering what gloves you guys are using?, what you think of them?, and how well they stand up to the rigours of working with wfp?, cheers from a rather nippy north east scotland!.

Advertisement
  2. hey, i prefer just buying the waterproof medium garden gloves from home base they give you a good balance between comfort and dexterity. they are also only a few quid to buy. disadvantages not as insulated as other gloves but i used them all through the last couple of winters with no problems.

3. laddergarder

I used to use sealskinz

http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/sealskinz_sealskinz_ultra_grip_waterproof_gloves/?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=directory&utm_content=GBR&currency=GBP&country=GBR&SelectedBundle=129177&SelectedItem=489095

but recently switched to Engelbert straus micro gloves neoprene, fully coated

go to http://www.engelbert-strauss.co.uk
    click personal protection, then gloves, then textile, and they are on the last page.

You get good grip, and they keep your hands allot drier, and only cost a fraction of the sealskinz.

4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Col, you must be much harder than me, i have tried using gloves like that, found my hands getting uncomfortably cold!. Laddergarder, thanks for that info on engelbert strauss, never heard of them before, and there seems to be some good stuff on there website, not just gloves. But there is a minimum order value of £25+vat, and at the moment, with xmas fast approaching (two kids!), and the tax bill at end of jan, i can only really justify getting the gloves, so i think this time i will have to look elsewhere. Surprised at how few answers though, does nobody else use gloves?!.

5. A.K WINDOWS

i just wear my garden gloves lol.my hand sdont realy get cold now as i dont use buckets of water i just carry my spray bottle with me all day miles better.

6. i used to prefer a spray botlle, im not so bad as im wfp so easy to keep my hands dry i used to hate cold ladders in the winter

7. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

i have the ones from gardiners which seem ok not had any trouble with them.

8. sealskinz.......all the way

Advertisement