Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

collecting cash

WCF

Help Support WCF:

richard123456

For cash what is the best way to collect it? Do you just get them to leave it out somewhere? I had a idea to buy plastic waterproof zipp bags and get them to leave the cashll out.

I've been window cleaning 18 years and have NEVER collected or had customers leave cash out if not at home. It is a waste of time to collect, once they pay that way they will for life. If they leave cash out you risk the old "I definitely left it out for you.." When you find there is nothing there. Now about 80% of my customers pay me by bank transfer, you have a steady flow of money going into your account and it's easy to see who's paid and who hasn't.

its a matter of educating your customers.after a time- you come to some kind of arrangement where cash payment is involved."leaving money out" etc.but unfortuntantly you will pick up customers who simply don't care whether you use your time,energy & fuel to collect.you will know who they are.they are the ones, once you've cleaned them you dread the collecting.dump straight away and replace with 3.

I have never collected payments. the majority are in & pay on the spot. Those who are not in pay BACS (increasing numbers every month), about 20% at last count still send cheques, I leave them a sae, something i wish never started doing and I'm going to try an wean them off it this year.

I have never collected payments. the majority are in & pay on the spot. Those who are not in pay BACS (increasing numbers every month), about 20% at last count still send cheques, I leave them a sae, something i wish never started doing and I'm going to try an wean them off it this year.
so im assuming you just leave your bank details and bacs you mean a bank transfer?

so im assuming you just leave your bank details and bacs you mean a bank transfer?
Yes Rich exactly that, I added my bank details to my "your windows were cleaned today while you were out" ticket, and since doing this more customers are choosing this way to pay each month. When quoting new jobs I always try to encourage them to pay BACS.

Back