Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

White spots

Belfastcleaning

What is the best way to remove these white spots? I have had to show new customers me scrubbing them and it not making a difference as the thought I had just skipped the window! Does anyone do this service? And how much would you charge per window? Some of the houses I do are covered in them its a waste even cleaning them ( for them not me lol )

are you trad or wfp? if wfp odds are it's soap residue which will come good after a few cleans, or a long high flow rinse. otherwise not sure what you mean if trad.

Seen on YouTube it was hard water spots? I'm trad, done houses for years and it still like that! The window would look misty and even the sSwear word!er wont clear them

it'll always be called jif by me!

oh, and snickers will always be marathons /emoticons/tongue.png

it'll always be called jif by me!

oh, and snickers will always be marathons /emoticons/tongue.png
And starburst will always be opal fruits (made to make yer mouth water)

Seen on YouTube it was hard water spots? I'm trad, done houses for years and it still like that! The window would look misty and even the sSwear word!er wont clear them
I'm trad and I also have windows like this. I think it's where they use a hose and it goes on windows and stays. Sod to get off and must admit I have left them but when I have got em off I tell the custy & if they do it again I leave em.

I get this too. It's usually just mineral residue from tap water ie garden hose or gutter dripping onto glass. Easy to remove with a general lime scale remover spray (viakal etc). Spray it on, do a few other windows for a few mins, go back and clean. If its stubborn then give a scrub with a non scratching scourer after spraying.

If the hard water marks aren’t too bad i.e. not accumulated over a long period, a boars hair brush is the best brush to use, if you don’t have one of these use a Nylon filament brush. Bit heavier scrubbing but it won’t take too long to do and the windows will come up perfect.

Don’t bother with a low absorbent filament, you will waste a lot of time and energy and you still may not get good results.

Richard

Surprised it took 7 replies for someone to mention Limescale remover.

That's what I use on one of my customers windows every two weeks as they get wet every other day and dry in the sun. and as the damages has already been done before i got the job I have to maintain the level of treatment.

yes posh, i forgot about opal fruits! that was as bad as the marathon change! honestly, starburst. criminal!

I've got one like it and I've used vical, cilit bang and the spots are still there. Been like it for year I think, I've all but given up on trying to shift them.

What is the best way to remove these white spots? I have had to show new customers me scrubbing them and it not making a difference as the thought I had just skipped the window! Does anyone do this service? And how much would you charge per window? Some of the houses I do are covered in them its a waste even cleaning them ( for them not me lol )
Forget using chemicals! get some steelwool 0000grade wash window and go over spots with the steelwool rubbing gently, do this with a little more pressure if you have to until all the spots have gone!

if you dont have steelwool you can use a brillo pad they have fine steelwool in them as well,,

I have used brillo pads for years! there good for cleaning off fly poo etc!

and rust stains on upvc patio doors and the like!

(Remember to keep the glass wet if using steelwool for taking out spots!)

Latest Posts

Back