White spots

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Belfastcleaning, Apr 1, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

What is the best way to remove these white spots? I have had to show new customers me scrubbing them and it not making a difference as the thought I had just skipped the window! Does anyone do this service? And how much would you charge per window? Some of the houses I do are covered in them its a waste even cleaning them ( for them not me lol )

Advertisement
  2. chip

chip Guru

are you trad or wfp? if wfp odds are it's soap residue which will come good after a few cleans, or a long high flow rinse. otherwise not sure what you mean if trad.

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Seen on YouTube it was hard water spots? I'm trad, done houses for years and it still like that! The window would look misty and even the sSwear word!er wont clear them

4. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

5. chip

chip Guru

it'll always be called jif by me![hr]
    oh, and snickers will always be marathons :p

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

LOL marathons rememeber when they were called that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

7. Posh

Posh Hero

And starburst will always be opal fruits (made to make yer mouth water)[hr]
    I'm trad and I also have windows like this. I think it's where they use a hose and it goes on windows and stays. Sod to get off and must admit I have left them but when I have got em off I tell the custy & if they do it again I leave em.

8. whostolemyhair

I get this too. It's usually just mineral residue from tap water ie garden hose or gutter dripping onto glass. Easy to remove with a general lime scale remover spray (viakal etc). Spray it on, do a few other windows for a few mins, go back and clean. If its stubborn then give a scrub with a non scratching scourer after spraying.

9. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

If the hard water marks aren’t too bad i.e. not accumulated over a long period, a boars hair brush is the best brush to use, if you don’t have one of these use a Nylon filament brush. Bit heavier scrubbing but it won’t take too long to do and the windows will come up perfect.

Don’t bother with a low absorbent filament, you will waste a lot of time and energy and you still may not get good results.

Richard

10. simon

simon Guru

oh, and snickers will always be marathons

man after my own heart lol

Advertisement