Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Smart Clamps Look Amazing.

yeah i imagine they`ll sell clamps separate.

I assume they will also be sold with the quick loq system too.

so 2 great upgrades to the poles.

the sections are also upgraded, just been reading so the standard slx will have improved rigidity.

Wow!!!

If they sell the clamps as well to upgrade that will be a major winner.

Alex really is ahead of the game!!!

Looks great just hope we can buy these as an upgrade rather than having to buy a whole new pole!

Nope. Im really not that hard to please. All the hype for a clamp that tightens on worn down pole isnt selling it to me... I was expecting a revolutionary clamp.
What more do you want from a clamp? If they work like it should they are perfect clamps!Also if we can get hold of these for an upgrade how would we go about removing the old clamps? whould the whole clamp body need replacing too?

What more do you want from a clamp? If they work like it should they are perfect clamps!

Also if we can get hold of these for an upgrade how would we go about removing the old clamps? whould the whole clamp body need replacing too?
If I knew the answer to that I would patent it then claim royalties lol.

What more do you want from a clamp? If they work like it should they are perfect clamps!Also if we can get hold of these for an upgrade how would we go about removing the old clamps? whould the whole clamp body need replacing too?
Clamp body and arm I would say.

15% greater clamping area on clamp jaws

15% greater bonding area on clamp bodies

you`d need to replace complete to get full benefit of the new clamp

Interesting video, poles do wear and you will always notice pole wear, where you lock the pole clamp more often.

I have made poles & clamps and the CF tubes do wear, but not as fast as the clamp wears out, quality made CF tubes can take a couple of years to wear through if you used constantly. As long as you have the adjustment to change the tension on the clamp, you shouldn’t have a problem with pole wear or clamp wear.

Richard

looking good need 2 of these my clx, section 1 + 3 been spinning for time now and annoying to say the least, got to hand it to gardiner though they are miles ahead of the competition in water fed pole manafacturers in my opinion, these new clamps only reinforce my opinion that they actually care about there products and customers aswell as i dont see many other companies after thought process like theres, i hope they do sell these new clamps to fit on the old poles as iv just spent nearly 700 on there older style poles today :

top and bottom is, it`s a brilliant idea and any one who doesn`t think so is either a competitor, jealous or doesn`t like spending money upgrading.

Small changes over the years add up. Compare these clamps to before I started wfp window cleaning and i bet it`s like comparing a spitfire to a jet fighter.

top and bottom is, it`s a brilliant idea and any one who doesn`t think so is either a competitor, jealous or doesn`t like spending money upgrading.

Small changes over the years add up. Compare these clamps to before I started wfp window cleaning and i bet it`s like comparing a spitfire to a jet fighter.
Im not a competitor I have no reason the be jealous ans Ive no problem splashing the cash for upgrades. In fact I enjoy it lol. If I had the option to upgarde my clamps I probably would if they only cost a few quid each. There not something I would go spending a lot of money on. Each to there own though

Excel clamp is good, been around for years.

Pole clamps wear as well; many would agree. Gardiner’s should grind down the clamp 1/2mm as well. Congratulation to Gardiner’s though for improving there clamps. It doesn’t look like its better than the new Facelift clamp, that’s a brilliant clamp, a quality item, and works better in use than it looks.

Unless you think clamps have no wear at all, you can believe the video. But I can tell you, quality CF is harder than your generic plastic. Whatever wear you have on the pole the pole clamp will be worse, unless it’s a low quality CF and a higher quality generic plastic. Just what are the changes to the new Gardiner clamp? Is there a difference in its physical appearance? It might be worth asking before you buy. The Facelift clamp I expect took a very long time to achieve, then again better stuff often does.

Richard

The most important part of a pole for me is the weight. The extreme is perfect and with these new clamps I believe it will be the best on the market.

spitfires are good, been around for decades. Doesn`t out perform a jet fighter in war though does it?

I have never tried facelift so I cant comment.

But i have always been very pleased since buying my first Gardiner pole, performs well, light, easy to use, always trying to make things better, not making us wait years for the perfect clamp, just continuous improvement.

Back