Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who Has A Moerman B.O.A.B 2.0 ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Inked

I'm currently using a Unger ninja bucket on a belt with the moerman excelerator squeegees.

For some reason the bucket has started leaving a dent in the squeegee rubbers.

At first I thought it was the cold weather but this wasn't a issue last year.

Im now thinking about getting the moerman bucket on a belt 2.0 but from what I've seen it looks like it could also leave dents in the rubber.

Is this the case ?

I don't want to talk about that........

Oh ok..lol

I originally removed it to give the squeegees a bit of extra room, when I started having this problem I thought I would put it back in. Could I find it anywhere ?

NO. So I found them online for just a couple of quid but they still wanted a lot for the postage so I thought I may aswell get my money's worth and made a huge order of things I didn't need (as you do).

When everything came I got out one of my big storage bags to put away all the stuff I just bought that I didn't need and guess what.

The poxy rubber insert was in the bag ?

I'm a big Moerman fan and use all their products.

Squeegees,applicators,extension pole,pouch,rubber,fliq and soap.

The only let downs have been the buckets on a belt.

Their first version couldn't hold a Liquidator safely and yes I did try modding it by cutting out pieces.

The dry walker is good and apart from being ridiculously expensive you have to watch when doing insides the reservoir isn't too full and tips out over a white carpet when you hunker down for a floor to ceiling window.

I got the second version as I was in my supplier shop when the delivery came in and thought I would give it a try.

The applicator sits too close to your body and soaks your shirt or jacket but the worse thing is you have to put the squeegees in back to front or you pull them out along with your applicator.

Dropping a squeegee from height onto a busy street isn't a good idea.

I'm a big Moerman fan and use all their products.

Squeegees,applicators,extension pole,pouch,rubber,fliq and soap.

The only let downs have been the buckets on a belt.

Their first version couldn't hold a Liquidator safely and yes I did try modding it by cutting out pieces.

The dry walker is good and apart from being ridiculously expensive you have to watch when doing insides the reservoir isn't too full and tips out over a white carpet when you hunker down for a floor to ceiling window.

I got the second version as I was in my supplier shop when the delivery came in and thought I would give it a try.

The applicator sits too close to your body and soaks your shirt or jacket but the worse thing is you have to put the squeegees in back to front or you pull them out along with your applicator.

Dropping a squeegee from height onto a busy street isn't a good idea.
Thanks for the reply.

To be honest I always put the squeegees in back to front...lol

Does the 2.0 still put dents in the excelerator rubbers?

Thanks for the reply.

To be honest I always put the squeegees in back to front...lol

Does the 2.0 still put dents in the excelerator rubbers?
To be honest I have only tried it a couple of times and had to take it off as I keep pulling a squeegee out with the applicator.

To me it is just a bad design and the wet patch on your waist is no good in the winter.

The dry walker is good but at the price they are asking for it I don't think I will replace it when it finally goes but I haven't had any issues with rubber dents with it.

I think most BOAB do it to be honest, sooner or later. I wouldn’t spend on upgrades.  Before we went wfp we lined our unger version out with a bit of thin rubber, this stopped the issue. It’s so annoying when it dings the rubber. 

I think most BOAB do it to be honest, sooner or later. I wouldn’t spend on upgrades.  Before we went wfp we lined our unger version out with a bit of thin rubber, this stopped the issue. It’s so annoying when it dings the rubber. 
Thanks for the reply

It's not that I'm getting little cuts in the rubber, it's that the rubber is pressing up against the divider and puts a dent in the rubber.

I'm getting sick of changing the rubbers as it doesn't even make a difference if I flip them over because the dent is on both sides ?

Thinking about it, I could probably reshape them if I dropped them in some hot water 

Well guys, I took a chance and ordered the bucket on a belt and so far it's been the best one I've had yet (and I hate everything....lol).

It's a good size and hasn't left any dents in my rubbers yet.

I'm currently using a Unger ninja bucket on a belt with the moerman excelerator squeegees.

For some reason the bucket has started leaving a dent in the squeegee rubbers.

At first I thought it was the cold weather but this wasn't a issue last year.

Im now thinking about getting the moerman bucket on a belt 2.0 but from what I've seen it looks like it could also leave dents in the rubber.

Is this the case ?
Sorry I'm late to the party on this! I abandoned keeping my squeegees in boab for the denting reason.  I use this on my belt and found it brilliant. I store them with the handle in when working.  

https://windowcleancentre.co.uk/collections/holsters/products/sp-sorbo-double-tool-holster-nylon

I put a bead of clear silicone on either side of the squeegee divider and with a wet finger, smoothed it over.  

You can't get it all the way down, but it's enough to create a buffer zone which is soft enough to not dent, mark, nick the rubber etc.  

It used to happen all the time to me , but not anymore.   It works perfectly

When walking long distances, up a ladder or around objects I have an extra pocket on my belt that I put the Moermon squeegie in, handle first not channell first. Of course I make sure I wipe the rubber dry with my rag so I dont get drips. I only put the squeegie in the boab for short peirods of time because not only does it knick but it falls out too.

I just bought the 2.0 as i've had a pretty a cheap one out of a kit since I started.

The reason I chose the 2.0 is I had hopes that it has the capacity to hold two Excellerators each with a Fliq.

Ive been using it around 2 weeks now and I can confirm it has not been designed to hold two Excellerators with Fliqs.
That being said they do fit but its not the best it could be.

as for dents in rubbers, ive not had any.

Hope this helps

I just bought the 2.0 as i've had a pretty a cheap one out of a kit since I started.

The reason I chose the 2.0 is I had hopes that it has the capacity to hold two Excellerators each with a Fliq.

Ive been using it around 2 weeks now and I can confirm it has not been designed to hold two Excellerators with Fliqs.
That being said they do fit but its not the best it could be.

as for dents in rubbers, ive not had any.

Hope this helps
Update - design flaws

I have just discovered using the 18" Excellerators in this BOAB. when the pivot lock is off and the squeegee is stored the end of the squeegee actual touches the bottom and this actually pushes the rubber out of place.

I only ever use these squeegees with the lock off and I dont want to have to put the lock on to store it and take the lock off either.

Secondly this BOAB is not capable of storing the Excelerator with a 10" and fliq, it just falls out and won't stay securely in the bucket

Back