Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Frame fabrication

• Thread starter Solarpanelcleanington
  • Start date
S

Solarpanelcleanington

Bought a 650 litre and want to house it in a frame and then secure on next van.

Has anyone made their own? What material? Any tips?

Cheers.

I made one the other day for a 350 ltr wydale tank to put in my Berlingo van made it from 40x40x3 mild steel box or you could use 50x50x4 angle once welded up and painted the tank fits snugly inside the frame work and is bolted through the floor of the van with some big back plates uderneath to spread the load and stop it from pulling through the floor

My tip would be if you don't want a frame that is radically different from those available to buy then go with a Pure Freedom frame and save yourself time and hassle...the materials will cost half the price of a ready made frame...it'll take a couple of full days to build (assuming you're using ordinary tools, angle grinder, mig welder, wobbly tape measure, etc.)...if you balls it up you gotta start from scratch (more money)... and when your finished you have a homemade frame which won't be worth nearly as much as a Pure Freedom frame if you decide to sell it second hand.

Having said all that I built my own, quite enjoyed doing it and every time I go to my van I get to think "yeah, I made that"

Cheers chaps. It's good to have something to do on super rainy days. I bought the tank yesterday from west wales, van conked out on way home though.......

Onward and upward.

Back