Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price Increase Question...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rjacandwc

Would a fellow Window Cleaning wizard be able to give me a little advice please. I am approaching my third year in April and I would like to increase my prices to a percentage of my round who I have served since starting. Customers I have taken on over the last 6-12 months will be left alone because I added an extra £1 when pricing... But, I feel it is time to add a £1 to the older customers... I have a nice template letter to use.

The main question I want help with is: What is a good reason to give to add a £1 increase???...

Thanks for help ... Richard

I generally don't give them a letter or reasons as most customers seem to expect a price rise in the new year. Some ask me if I'm putting my prices up at the start of January but I usually wait until march and tell them it's going up in April.

If I never see the customer I just put the price up in April.

Occasionally I'll lose a customer or two but its more than made up for by the price rises elsewhere.

Would a fellow Window Cleaning wizard be able to give me a little advice please. I am approaching my third year in April and I would like to increase my prices to a percentage of my round who I have served since starting. Customers I have taken on over the last 6-12 months will be left alone because I added an extra £1 when pricing... But, I feel it is time to add a £1 to the older customers... I have a nice template letter to use.The main question I want help with is: What is a good reason to give to add a £1 increase???...

Thanks for help ... Richard
dont bother with a letter just put them up! then if anyone asks just tell them the cost of insurance etc:

Just put due to rising business costs, I have found it necessary to implement a price increase. As of the next clean your new window cleaning price will be £xxxx

We increase prices every two yrs........under £10 = 50p..........£10 to £20 = £1..........£30 to £40 = £3 and so on........we start telling customers from sept/oct that as from the new yr there will be a price increase 99% are fine....

Back