Who Was First?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by chip, Oct 7, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. chip

chip Guru

Just wondering who started wfp? I think I heard that tucker poles were going from about 1982 if memory serves, but have no idea if they were the first. Would like to know where our work heritage began. Also think the process of ro goes back to the 60's, again foggy memories. Anything that relates to it I'd like to know, as long as you don't go to daft and all about precipitation! Get the cogs going!

Advertisement
  2. Iain

Iain Guru

I read that it was Brodex who made the first commercially available WFP but that's the internet for you right there!

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I have no idea but thought diy poles were the first, when you've found out all the info Chip I think a wikipedia page is in order cos there isn't one called water fed pole.

4. mark m

mark m Hero

I am sure i heard it started in the 50`s in USA

5. chip

chip Guru

How come I never saw it on mission impossible? Thought they'd have utilised it on there!

6. Solar Steve

Solar Steve Guest

First to supply UK were tucker poles. I first worked with a system which had cumbersome clamps on the poles. You had to use a tool every time you wanted to adjust the height of the pole. They were metal, had to be lightly greased to slide up and down and made your hands filthy! Apart from that they were great! No one believed it would clean windows or even catch on. That was in 2001.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

8. doug atkinson

doug atkinson Well-Known Member

Tucker USA and Glyn from Omnipole was first in the UK followed by Ionics

9. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Heard if him obviously but still a good read that Smurf, should answer most of ya questions there Chip.

10. harunh

harunh Legend

i started them

Advertisement