Whooops-A-Daisy

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by vito61, Feb 6, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

Had a nasty moment today.

I was carrying my ladder back to the van (I needed to get to 3 windows pole can't get to), when I put my foot on my the hose. The sole of my boot was wet and it slid along the hose about 2 foot. Completely lost my balance and ended up on the pavement with a clattering ladder. Fortunately I didn't do any property damage and only got slightly bruised knees.

I've not come close to anything like that happening before and try to be aware of all eventualities.

Just goes to show...........

Lets be careful out there. :eek:

Advertisement
  2. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Sprained the ankle in a cellar gutter other day that's why I've been on here all day waiting for swelling to go ankle swelling before any one starts so you get my sympathy buddy

3. OoO

OoO Guest

I nearly did the same today. Wet hoses are not fun.

I am finding those railway sleepers to be lethal when wet as when. It's was all the rage a few years back. Now they are all rotten and slippery.

4. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

We need a bigger accident book thats two and a near miss that would shut down sellafield

5. Posh

Posh Hero

Wfp as dangerous as ladders lol

6. harunh

harunh Legend

it is mate i agree 100%

7. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

It is in no way what so ever as dangerous as ladders.

H I'm surprised at your comment.

8. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Yes it is, just in different ways

9. Posh

Posh Hero

Thank you. I think so to.

10. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if you had any statistics to back up your statement that wfp is as dangerous as ladder work. Assuming we are both talking about serious injury and/or death incurred using either method.

Using wfp, how many people have broken bones, been paralysed, sustained brain injuries or been killed?

Are there any people that know someone that can give as anecdotal account of somebody else that has suffered in some way because of using wfp?

Have the HSE sought to ban or restrict the use of wfp because of the injuries caused or deaths related to wfp use?

Please don't get me wrong, I am happy to use ladders and would support someone elses choice to do so. But saying that wfp is as dangerous as ladders........?

I can't quite see that being true. (based on injury,serious injury and deaths)

Advertisement