Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Frames And Window Sills?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PMA Window Cleaning

After washing the frames and windows with WFP and the sills and frames are still really dirty/Ground in dirt!! What is the best thing to do....

Use sugar soap and a Brillo pad?? Any Ideas

No you will scratch it to death with a Brillo pad.

Try simple stuff first.

E cover washing up liquid.

Then.

Virosol cleaner.

Then a solvent.

Other People will go into more detail.

In my book deep cleaning plastic (upvc restoration work) is a completely different service which ppl should charge accordingly.

I tend to use

ubik 2000

siroflex upvc cream cleaner

siroflex upvc solvent cleaner

non scratch white pads

But best you try out different suitable chems so can find out what works best for you.

I'm always trying out different stuff so might try grime blast next as knoxy suggested.

In my book deep cleaning plastic (upvc restoration work) is a completely different service which ppl should charge accordingly.
I tend to use

ubik 2000

siroflex upvc cream cleaner

siroflex upvc solvent cleaner

non scratch white pads

But best you try out different suitable chems so can find out what works best for you.

I'm always trying out different stuff so might try grime blast next as knoxy suggested.
same here I wipe all frames and sills but if its gone grey and grimy its a deep clean and costs extra

If they don't come up clean, and you gave them a good scrub, then that's all I would do. If they want them cleaned further, then that requires a 'deep clean' and I'd charge extra for it. £3 per window, minimum.

Indeed jimbob as can take me hours deep cleaning frames on a house properly to get them back to looking good as new

I've started charging a minimum of £5 per frame now kips /emoticons/wink.png

If they don't come up clean, and you gave them a good scrub, then that's all I would do. If they want them cleaned further, then that requires a 'deep clean' and I'd charge extra for it. £3 per window, minimum.

How do you wfp guys know if your top window seals are dirty or not as you can't see them & how would you give them a good scrub if you can't see them & don't know If there dirty or not???

That must be why I'm so slow on my first cleans, I always do a deep clean but don't charge any extra, will have to change the way I work or charge extra.

How do you wfp guys know if your top window seals are dirty or not as you can't see them & how would you give them a good scrub if you can't see them & don't know If there dirty or not???
Camera on a pole.

Camera on a pole.
You having me on. Ain't it easier to check em just by climbing a ladder. Then you gotta climb up to clean them or do you do that with stuff on yer brush & then climb up to check em again. Phew lol

Just soak a sill Brush with a cleaner and scrub.

If you are talking deep cleaning using solvents. Then I would have to use a ladder.

But I don't do that anymore.

That must be why I'm so slow on my first cleans, I always do a deep clean but don't charge any extra, will have to change the way I work or charge extra.
Defo mate! Otherwise you could find yourself scrubbing away for hours and hours and then next week "sorry we don't need you anymore.."

should never use chemicals on first clean i just do it normal put high flow rate and do best as i can /emoticons/smile.png if they want a deep clean ill charge them 4x the price /emoticons/smile.png

so if a house is £7.00 x it by 4

so it will be 28 quid /emoticons/smile.png

thats the way im gonna work /emoticons/wink.png its priced good but it seems cheap to the customer aswell /emoticons/wink.png cos they think hmm only 4x window cleans worth of money not bad...

i havent had any one ask me yet

I'm always upfront with customers on a quote and when the frames are really badly discoloured will give them two options either being a deep clean or a normal clean then they can decide which one they want to go for. That way they know exactly what work I will be doing and also saves any confusion or comeback.. And yes Kipps I charge now an average of £5 per window frame to deep clean upvc frames & cills properly and £10 per door.

Hmm.. not sure if serious.. /emoticons/tongue.png

Can I ask what you'd price that at then Smurf?

I get about £15 for a regular clean when I price it up according to the photos - maybe £13 / £14 if it was on or near an existing round -

Is that about what you'd charge? And what'd you charge for a deep clean?

Cheers bud just checking my pricing formula! /emoticons/smile.png

Back