Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

first one already

steve garwood

ginger lion
The second house I did today, the lady comes out and ask me will I get around before Xmas? One more time I reply. In that case she says, in case I miss you, here you go, and hands me £25 Xmas tip! Just wondering how much on average do you lads get each year? I got £560 in tips last year. (I do clean mainly big posh houses though. Most of them are minted)

Result Steve. Think just shy of £300 last year. Plus half a dozen bottles of wine, probably 24 bottles of beer, 4 jars of home made jams, 3 or 4 boxes of chocolates and one crazy punter gave me a 'christmas blessing'

Dont see many customers though as they mostly pay electronic now.

Nothing as yet ... bloody tight arses on my round... last year got maybe tips off of 10 of them and usually 2 quid or so /emoticons/wink.png
To be fair, I have been doing the same round for over 20 years so am very friendly with my customers. Especially in December lol

First year for me this year so we will wait and see. I get some tips as I collect each time ranging from 50p to £8. Have some really nice customers on my run and only time will tell. Been promised a nice tip from the woman in the guest house I do but I'm not entirely sure what that means haha!!!!

Plus I only have 20 houses so far so.......

I like the roads in the town at Christmas

Normal everyday people especially working class council tennants (Not slating them as i was the original london council scum lol) tend to tip better and more often than the big money types that i do

Seems the people with less appreciate what it means to people

Got a customer that likes to occasionally skip a clean....when I was booking jobs up last night she asks "will tomorrow be the last clean before Christmas"? I tell her there will be one more clean in December, "oh, well you'd better clean tomorrow and skip the next one then"....tight git....got my revenge in early by skipping a window.

I've actually been telling me custys that I'll move the clean date a week towards Xmas so thier windows are clean over the Xmas period, sneaky on my part as I'm reminding them and hopefully getting a tip out of it, and letting them think I'm doing them a turn! All in all my custys tip me well, must be a Scottish thing and you southern softies think we are all tight too haha (sorry both stereotypes are hard to ignore, and no offence)

Told all mine it's now last before Xmas. If we get bad weather & get behind I hate the thought that I've told them I will & then can't.

Latest Posts

Back