Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New message for unintentional timewasters..

WCF

Help Support WCF:

luca

My biggest problem is people cancelling on the day after i've sent the boys out... And obviously i'm talking about nice customers not arseholes otherwise I would just drop them... So as of today I sent this to 3 (out of 42 jobs) but they amounted to over £100 of work...

'If you could please let us know when we text the night before so we can at least replace you with another customer. As i'm sure you can appreciate we have wages to pay and at this time the boys are out and we can't replace your work and have now lost time and money. Unfortunately we only undertake regular work (not one offs) for this reason.

Kind regards, and happy new year'

2 of them apologised and said they totally understood to send the boys round and they appreciate as an independant business they totally understand and won't happen again and the 3rd said she didnt see message (ofcourse she didnt... she was the only one that sent them away, the others at least text before they got there) and would try her best but because they have to be in if we feel we need to remove them then pls do (this is obviously not what i want)

Anyway thanks to alot of what i've read recently as this has given me the confidence to be firm and so far (one day in lol) its had a positive impact.... No more timewasters they cost way more than there worth!!

If anyone turns me away on the day without good reason, I.e access issues from having work done or a family death or something of that nature I wouldn't go back.

If anyone cancels via text after a reminder for gate then I might give them one or two chances max then dump.

I only text where absolutely nesacary for gates as it does give an excuse.

When you just turn up people very very rarely have the balls to turn you away to your face. Its only happened to me twice on the day and both werw dumped.

As above give them a couple of chances after that get rid ..not worth it.

Also on the one off cleans I would still do them I make loads on one off jobs just charge them double the cost and it has to be paid on the day in cash left out hidden if not in.

As above give them a couple of chances after that get rid ..not worth it.
Also on the one off cleans I would still do them I make loads on one off jobs just charge them double the cost and it has to be paid on the day in cash left out hidden if not in.
Don't get me wrong I love one off cleans we do well with them BUT their a different customer.. I don't want regulars to think that's an option...

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If anyone turns me away on the day without good reason, I.e access issues from having work done or a family death or something of that nature I wouldn't go back.
If anyone cancels via text after a reminder for gate then I might give them one or two chances max then dump.

I only text where absolutely nesacary for gates as it does give an excuse.

When you just turn up people very very rarely have the balls to turn you away to your face. Its only happened to me twice on the day and both werw dumped.
I took the leap to text last year and it's so much better... I've trained them and they like it.. it's just the cheeky ones occasionally that think the regular price allows them to pick and choose... I'm all about training customers to be what I want... and I like to know the figure a van will make so I'm sure we're gonna profit and the lads are earning there wage lol

I will always let them get away with it the first time but let them know that it can't work like that all the time.

Fir example a new customer who has had there first clean then on the next clean you text and they say can we leave it this time please they are still clean

I would reply, " hi the price we agreed is for a regular service, unfortunately i cannot offer an as an when service as i rely on regular customers to keep my business afloat. If you feel 4 Weekly is too frequent I would be happy to move you to 8 weekly cycle please let me know which you prefer many Thanks adam

I had a regular messer reply to my text asking to leave it today as the gate was blocked. I was cleaning over the road today and looked at Mrs Messers gate. Nowt in front of it so I got my A frame out and decided to peak over the gate. Xmas tree wedged in the alley.

If you have staff I would state within your terms that any customer cancellations with less than 24hr notice will incur 50% of the cost.
Strong [emoji23] [emoji1320] (but I totally agree with it, and not far off the approach I'm taking, except mines more passive I feel).. and adopted by a few companies as I've notice in the past so obviously sound business advice.. too balsy for me though and I don't have that many messers in reality, I'm pretty content pushing the nice guy approach I think it would scare some people round these ways and they might cancel as feels like a proper contract (even though that's what they've got in our eyes)... they need us make no mistake.. good cleaners ain't that easy too find... but secretly I need them too [emoji85][emoji30]

I had a regular messer reply to my text asking to leave it today as the gate was blocked. I was cleaning over the road today and looked at Mrs Messers gate. Nowt in front of it so I got my A frame out and decided to peak over the gate. Xmas tree wedged in the alley.
You should text her she's 2 days early the miserable humbug! [emoji23] (saying that my misses cleared xmas at the weekend too) but then she's a...... lol

I will always let them get away with it the first time but let them know that it can't work like that all the time.
Fir example a new customer who has had there first clean then on the next clean you text and they say can we leave it this time please they are still clean

I would reply, " hi the price we agreed is for a regular service, unfortunately i cannot offer an as an when service as i rely on regular customers to keep my business afloat. If you feel 4 Weekly is too frequent I would be happy to move you to 8 weekly cycle please let me know which you prefer many Thanks adam
Hey, yeah that's sound.. I learnt that a happy 2 monther is better than a forced monthly Clean!! I always tell them pick a frequency that won't make you regret getting my text... all about the long game [emoji1303]

You get this a bit with gates I used to avoid all jobs with them at one point ..if they forget now to open them or don't reply etc I'll do the fronts and charge them 50%.

Most are fine but I recon I've deleted 50 jobs last year unreal how many messers they are

You get this a bit with gates I used to avoid all jobs with them at one point ..if they forget now to open them or don't reply etc I'll do the fronts and charge them 50%.
Most are fine but I recon I've deleted 50 jobs last year unreal how many messers they are
I had 1 say to me when I rocked up to do her windows that she didn't want them done "this time" as it rained 3 days after I did them last time. "But I'll have them done next time". I walked away and didn't say a word as it would have been all expletives if I did.

She's seen me a few times and tried to flag me down and I just drive by with a big cheery smile and a wave with the radio turned up as I call her all sorts of names! /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back