Why bother with scrims

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Windowwhiz, Mar 4, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

Another little tip if your not already doing it!!!

Instead of using scrims to do your rag work use ecloths glass micro fibre set.
    One cloth is more abrasive than the other so you use the harsher one damp to clean off the window and the fine cloth dry to dry off and polish.
    Windows come up a treat. :D

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

just cant get on with micro fibre cloth,I use a applicator and a scrim to dry off

3. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

I know what you mean. Some micro fibres arnt any good Most micro fibre cloths arnt anywhere near as good as e-cloths. And you need to use there glass cleaning duo pack :D

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

Thanks I look out for those e-cloth and make sure I get the window pack,I like to try them with a spray bottle filled with pure water

5. wmwcs

wmwcs Guest

I bought an e-cloth the other day.

It was much smaller than I am used to. The Unger and similar are 50 x 70cm, the e-cloth was like 50 x 40cm. I like having the bigger cloth and a thicker cloth as well.

For those who use the e-cloth, don't you find it is a bit on the smaller side?
    Being smaller it isn't as absorbent.

6. kars

kars Guest

Now boys... I thought size didnt matter??

7. wmwcs

wmwcs Guest

LOL "I like having the bigger cloth and a thicker cloth as well...." :cool:

8. Ken

Ken Guest

Micro-fibre's are naff. Tried them all. But when you need a scrim, you need a scrim.

9. colin

colin Guest

I had a free microfibre cloth from unger,believe me scrims are better.
    Maybe if i had only ever used microfibre cloths i would prefer them.
    I also bought a ninja blade from unger stand at NEC you need to be a ninja to use it.
    colin

10. Ken

Ken Guest

Do not like microfibres, don't assume I haven't tried alot. But when a scrim works and is quick enough, why change?

Advertisement