Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner SLX 22 or Xline 3k pocket 22 pole?

paul1

Get ya votes in guys I still cant make my mind up, trev says pocket pole mint but costly at £370 with vat and delivery, I thought delivery would be free atleast on a pole this costly?

love my slx 25 but wanting to use just for higher work and fancy a new pole lol

cheers

I have all 3 and would say you should not get the pocket unless you are short of space I got the pocket for my nemo and it fits in great if you have a standard van xline 22 or a slx both great poles

i felt the xline at the show and thault it was nce the clamps realy r a joy to use the slx is nce pole to if i was u ide get the xline just to try it but thats me i do like a change:D i was guna get one when my slx is nackerd but due to a injery im opting for a extreme or dare i say a neon:lipssealed::think: dont wana spend £500 on a pole that last 7 months tho :rolleyes: like my old facelift pheonix so ill probly get the extreme

Hello Paul .

I bought the x line k3 a few weeks back , it's a few inches longer than the pocket folded down, but the same pole ( carbon) a tenner cheaper , you get the brush in the deal .

Like trev says its an absolute dream to use , light , rigid , and great clamps.

I don't regret paying the £350 for it for one minute , like I said a while back the taxmans paying for it in the long run , so might as well work with a pole that's so easy to work with.

It fits in the back of my Belingo no problem along with my trolley and 250 litres of pure in 25 litre containers , plus trad gear .

Go with what suits you Paul , i know the K3 suits me .

Cheers Paul .

Glenn .

I've never really understood how the tax man is paying for it @Hollie2021.

You may write it off as equipment expenses but you will have to have funded the £350 from your earnings. The tax man is only giving you back on that the % tax you would have paid on £350 during that tax year.

So if you are in 20% tax bracket (£10,601 - £42,385) then all the chancellor will allow you is £70.

I've never really understood how the tax man is paying for it @Hollie2021.
You may write it off as equipment expenses but you will have to have funded the £350 from your earnings. The tax man is only giving you back on that the % tax you would have paid on £350 during that tax year.

So if you are in 20% tax bracket (£10,601 - £42,385) then all the chancellor will allow you is £70.
Hello spruce .

All I do is tot up my expenses , equipment , clothes , running costs of work vehicle ,and everything else I can think of and bang it off to my accountant and let him sort it out , I'm always happy with what I have to pay after he has done his bit , if like you say all I'm getting back is £70 then that's better than a kick up the ass, but to be honest whatever cost of what I think is good gear I just go and buy it , that goes for everything , work gear , fishing tackle , clothes , whatever.

Anyway thanks for putting me wise.

Cheers bud .

Glenn.

Personally i would go for a SLX the X-Line poles are hardly tried and tested the clamps are bigger and clumsy to use ,I still have an old Elite pole in garage which has the same clamps from over 4 years ago i use it to prop my my garage door when windy .

When you're spending hundreds of pounds on something you use all day everyday you want it to be right , On a FB page their was only one guy who really liked the X-Line and their is plenty of users .

Gardiners have continually strived to produce the best poles on the market and i have yet to see any other company come any were near regarding quality and durability .

Hello spruce .All I do is tot up my expenses , equipment , clothes , running costs of work vehicle ,and everything else I can think of and bang it off to my accountant and let him sort it out , I'm always happy with what I have to pay after he has done his bit , if like you say all I'm getting back is £70 then that's better than a kick up the ass, but to be honest whatever cost of what I think is good gear I just go and buy it , that goes for everything , work gear , fishing tackle , clothes , whatever.

Cheers bud .

Glenn.
Hi Glenn.

If you can afford it, then I say go with what you feel is your best option. /emoticons/smile.png

What I like about forums such as this is that others advise is based on their experience, so if that advice sounds reasonable then its worthy of consideration. What I believe is the best product to use in my business may not suit another and I must respect that. I personally enjoy reading about others experiences and how they are running their businesses.

Over the years, a lot of equipment changes I have made are due to taking on board the experiences and recommendations of others.

For example, I have only ever used minibore hose since changing from 1/2" hose 10 years ago. The next change is going to be going to microbore, and that is solely due to the recommendations of others. I honestly would do that off my own bat.

As for me, I'm inclined to agree with @Iron Giant regarding Gardiner poles. I appreciate that the carbon fiber pole market is evolving but I'm assured that any genuine issues will be dealt with by the master himself. That's good enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
just to throw a nother in to the mix what about the viper poles they look like very good qualty as good if not beta than gardners defo liter than a slx !! they had the sanded section test and still clamped on the section gota b wrth a poke if u ask me

Hello spruce .All I do is tot up my expenses , equipment , clothes , running costs of work vehicle ,and everything else I can think of and bang it off to my accountant and let him sort it out , I'm always happy with what I have to pay after he has done his bit , if like you say all I'm getting back is £70 then that's better than a kick up the ass, but to be honest whatever cost of what I think is good gear I just go and buy it , that goes for everything , work gear , fishing tackle , clothes , whatever.

Cheers bud .

Glenn.
im same as u m8 buy the equement i like dont matter about cost as u get it bk throu expensess not all of it as spruce has pointed out but also fishing gear i just like to buy the best brought a browning z12 pole last year that will b sold in a few years and ill probly buy something eals /emoticons/biggrin.png gota be done slx last year extreme this year and a power up real gas heater ect the list goes on if u can afford it y not /emoticons/smile.png

tench0771 you take a punt on a Viper mate and report back in 6-12 months /emoticons/smile.png):))
It could end up being a better pole that the Gardiners SLX, who knows. The proverbial proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Personally, I worry about the name its been given; it could come back to bite you. :giggle:

I'm still with @Iron Giant on this one. Those Gardiner smart clamps version 3 are going to be difficult to beat IMO. Our SLX poles have done very well for us since we first bought them in 2009.

There was one manufacturer (not a big player in the UK) who made big claims about his superior clamps only to have to make upgrades further down the line as they weren't as good as he made out. But then he also didn't have a very good business track record in a previous business venture before he became a wfp supplier/manufacturer/self promoted icon.

As I said in a previous post when someone asked what pole to get you will be hard pushed to beat gardiners not just on product but customer service.

The ability to sort a problem quickly should it arise is very important to me I don,t want to be waiting days/weeks for a response or part.

For me I have just changed over to an extreme and it's a great pole I would highly recommend but I have slx poles that are still going strong after years of use.

I agree @paul1 over Xline's postage costs, it's about time they start offering FREE P&P for everything IMO thats my only gripe when I want to order a few bits, the postage kills the deal and I end up going elsewhere that offers the free shipping.

There doing good enough trade to offer this and certainly should be a no brainer when ordering a expensive pole etc.

That's a strange way of looking at it tench? One guy raves about a pole and you'd choose it over a pole that hundreds of people all rave about?/emoticons/biggrin.png
i think green is the only one on here to try them its not a case of i think its beta as ive not tryed one but its gota be wrth a punt going buy the vids that were posted im allways on the look out for new poles that mite beat gardners lots buy gardners cos every one buys them but if u dont try other makes u will never no i tryed the pheonix x pole that was a tad liter than my slx but did not last due to the poor clamps having no adjustment i dont reget it cos ide still be thinking is it beta or not

Back