Why is paying so hard for some

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by abs, Jun 24, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. abs

abs Guru

Had a customer ow me £40 so went round early and caught her doing school run, she said call back in a hour and half and ill have it, went back and not in left yet another note saying ring me to arrange collection , nothing, she can pay online but don't pay PayPal but don't and I'm sick of getting the run around, help guys :( what's the best way to approach this ?

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Ditch them, does not help in getting your money though :(

3. abs

abs Guru

Ow I'm ditching them ok,,,
    It's a 12 job but now worth this hassle I hate being taken for a fool

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

You can get a solicitors letter done cheap.

I had one who owed 4 cleans; I left bank details and 2 SAE's. I caught up with her on a Sunday night. She was on the hop and paid up. Her windows have never been cleaned since. Horrible woman!

5. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I guess you could go to small claims but for all the hustle it might just have to be a lesson learned spend the time getting new custys in the time you spend chasing them.

Tuffers suggestion might also work. :rolleyes:

6. TolishAPurd

Get your money, and then ditch them.

7. abs

abs Guru

Liking the solicitors letter but that could backfire and scare a reputation

8. abs

abs Guru

And if I'm ruining my rep then ill ruined it with cricket bat being a English gent an all that

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

can usually sense a bad payer by clean number 2 . i used to give them the benefit of the doubt and carry on to the next clean ,hoping they would come good and because i needed the work . a mistake, hoping brass will turn into gold-it never does!

of course you are wanting every new customer to play ball and pay normally,but its just never going to happen . never go to clean 3 without being paid up to date or you are a real mug

10. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Yes I learnt this lesson an never went over three months. On the third I would stop turning up and quite often they would call asking why I had not not been. I would explain that I had not received payment and that our policy was after missing two payments in a row we stop cleaning until payment is received. If never received there diched!

Advertisement