Why is "The Loop" So Bad?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Poles Apart, Mar 1, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Poles Apart

I don't know where I saw this either here or a more inferior Forum, someone either started a thread or commented on why on off taps were so heavily criticised chiefly because of "the loop". He didn't see this as a problem and I have to say I don't understand why this was a problem for some. Everything has it's drawbacks but I must admit I used on/off taps for a few years, if the modified Uni-Valve works well I would love to use it, however whilst awaiting my replacement I have been contemplating taking off my Aquadapters and trying taps again just to see how the poles perform.

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

There is only a 'loop' when the tap is mounted to the pole. I use taps but on a belt holster, no loops!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Tap + kinking hose works well for me :)

4. Poles Apart

Used these for a while
    InlinePoleFlowController.jpg

5. albootyerbaws

albootyerbaws Well-Known Member

thats the only bad thing with a tap on the pole. the loop getting caught on things & tripping you up & the pole hose tangled at the loop. used one for a few years then got the aquadapter.

6. Poles Apart

Never thought it was a huge issue, I find I'm tripping on the main hose.

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Shrooms anyone? :whistle:

8. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

Best way to save water is work quicker I reckon. Turn water on, clean house, turn water off. I'm probably missing something though.

9. Poles Apart

By far best way to save water is turn off water do house you can take as long as you like then.

10. Elliot

Elliot Active Member

Yeh I don't have any issues with the loop , having the tap fastened on the pole . It's not one of those crappy push fit one from gardinerers , so that helps . Also I only have about 2 foot of pole hose connected from the bottom of the tap to the microbore hose . This means that whichever connections you use , rectus , hoselock or whatever they are never on the floor . Probably why mine never leak and last years as well .

Advertisement