Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

silly questions time

WCF

Help Support WCF:

heyoh

Couple silly questions:

• Can a DI vessel be used as sediment filter? (with used resin obviously)

Basically what do you do with resin more than ~10ppm, if RO produces water less than that?

If water before DI is 0ppm will used resin make it worse? /emoticons/biggrin.png I know daft question.

• Does RO outlet (pure) have to be physically higher then the tank water goes into? Will it damage the membrane if water has to be 'pushed' upwards? Will it slow down the process?

Couple silly questions:
  • Can a DI vessel be used as sediment filter? (with used resin obviously)

Basically what do you do with resin more than ~10ppm, if RO produces water less than that?

If water before DI is 0ppm will used resin make it worse? /emoticons/biggrin.png I know daft question.

• Does RO outlet (pure) have to be physically higher then the tank water goes into? Will it damage the membrane if water has to be 'pushed' upwards? Will it slow down the process?
You could use the 10ppm resin and leave it in the vessel and add a second vessel. The 10ppm resin will help bring your tap TDS down, so, the 10ppm resin will still have a use. Not sure if that's the answer you wanted, but it might be /emoticons/biggrin.png

Thanks @Tuffers, I understand the concept of twin DI, and with my old crappy RO that produced water up to 80ppm that gave a good use for the used resin, but with a new RO that produces water with 5ppm it wouldn't be much help, it just feels wrong to throw away good resin if you know what I mean

I think that most of us when the TDS starts to creep up, changes the resin with new and just discards the old resin.

Is that 5ppm before DI ?? If it is your new resin will last almost forever /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back