Why Oh Why ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by All Round Cleaning, Jun 20, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Why on earth do people namely other " window cleaners " feel the need to charge stupid stupid stupid prices for cleaning windows ???

Let me explain .

Today i had a phone call to price up a job she told me the address and i knew what house it was so thought ok i will go down and price it
    so i gets there has a look around and gives them the price of £15.00 for glass frames and her porch .

HOW WRONG WAS I !!!!!!!

OOOOOOOH NO she turns round and says is that for the insides as well as i want those doing too i said erm no ;ove thats just for the outside . the insides are usually more as theres more obstacles etc .

the cheeky cow turns round and says my current window cleaner charges me £4 for outsides and £4 for insides . so i said you best stick with him then .
    no way on gods earth would i even consider doing just the fronts only for £4 never mind the whole damn house .

wouldnt mind but they got 11 windows 1 bay window a bloody 2x4 porch and 2 upvc doors .

CHEEKY MARE !!!!

OK rant over .

Advertisement
  2. harunh

harunh Legend

It happens mate, i went back to collect money today the girl said can u come back tomorrow please ? ? i said no problem she goes another window cleaner came and said he can do it for 6 pound.. i do it for 7... and i said to her i do the frames sills and doors aswell :p u get what u pay for and she was like oh yeah :)

3. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

Some people have more neck thn a giraffe. Bloke who cleans my house wich has 12 windows does it for £4 and i must say he does a good job lol

4. harunh

harunh Legend

thats just daft !

5. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

He has most of the area werevi live n charges same for thm i laugh when i watch him he must still think we in 1980s with those prices

6. harunh

harunh Legend

a few do the same down my end

7. Njones

Njones Well-Known Member
    Supplier

£4???
    There is no way he's paying tax/insurance etc etc,. he's prob on the dole & this is just beer money - that or retired & doing it just cause he's bored. You can never compete with that kind of fool on price, but your service will always be better!

8. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

Na he is actually legit mate he has few big commercials near me ice rink bowling alley etc

9. harunh

harunh Legend

He will still make a decent living with them prices.... It will pay all his bills etc

10. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

£4 is cheap for 12 windows!! But £4 jobs add up if you have alot in the 1 street..

Why do you pay to get them cleaned anyway? Lol your a window cleaner! I'd never pay anyone to do something that I could do myself?

Advertisement