Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

partnership

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J

jambo113

ive been out today helping another windy he does trad and walks his round, his got a nice little round and his asked me if i want to go in with him join our work up and do it together but im not sure he has got a bigish round with alot more work than me, but he works a bit different to what i do and his old skool so stuck in his ways. I'm 70% sure what my decision is but what do u guys think?

I think you shoud stick on your own if you can there to many things that can go wrong if you have got a partner he does not drive ,different cleaning methods ,age, money are just a few

trust me i had a partner once & never again, to much hassle stay on your own you will stay much happier!!!!!!!!

window cleaning on own isn't easy. it can be great working wit@ someone, someone to help motivate, plan, and encourage.

but if it goes wrong, it goes horribly wrong. and you will earn less.

I'd go it alone myself........

trust me i had a partner once & never again, to much hassle stay on your own you will stay much happier!!!!!!!!
I'm same as this, i had a business partner for 4 years and went solo for 6, never again.

Too much of a struggle even if your on same level.

You have to have 100% trust... The best part about window cleaning business is that your the boss... and your own boss at the same time.

cheers for that i was thinking the same its my bussiness and i like it the way it is just wanted to make sure i was doing the right thing

I wouldn't just write him off completely, there is an opportunity for you there. If he is asking for you to join him, he probably has too much work. Offer to buy the work off him that's a little far away from him, let him pick a nice round that he can walk and complete comfortably on time, and buy the rest from him.

You driving is an advantage.... Driving is essential.... because theirs a load of scope out their.... when you walk.... their is no scope to be honest with u....

What hes got now will be the best he can get .... hes probably canvassed everywhere that is possible.... within 1 mile because hes on foot.... and hes probably getting the most out of his business now... and hes probably noticed i cant get any more work due to being on foor

You can make a decent living on doing a round by foot dont get me wrong.... but when you got a car.... theirs always plenty of scope.

Yep I'd defo say stay on your own. As others said, he needs you & you don't need him. Trust is a big issue here, just one of many.

If you do want to work with someone, then what I do is take a guy on just a day a week or couple days a month. I have friends who window clean & when I have a busy week, I get them in to help. Nice to work along with them, but there's no commitment or problems, as I know I have the work there to pay them well for that day.

I wouldn't think about going into partnership with someone.

You driving is an advantage.... Driving is essential.... because theirs a load of scope out their.... when you walk.... their is no scope to be honest with u....

What hes got now will be the best he can get .... hes probably canvassed everywhere that is possible.... within 1 mile because hes on foot.... and hes probably getting the most out of his business now... and hes probably noticed i cant get any more work due to being on foor

You can make a decent living on doing a round by foot dont get me wrong.... but when you got a car.... theirs always plenty of scope.
To be honest mate I think your wrong in saying driving is essential, I know many windys making a very good living on foot probably more than some doctors make, driving helps grow your business but not always essential.

Where I live if I couldn't drive I could still make a good round within 2 mile radious it's all about making the best of what you have, if your determined you can do it.

To be honest mate I think your wrong in saying driving is essential, I know many windys making a very good living on foot probably more than some doctors make, driving helps grow your business but not always essential.

Where I live if I couldn't drive I could still make a good round within 2 mile radious it's all about making the best of what you have, if your determined you can do it.
I agree...but more than some doctors make??? I don't think so. I think a Drs salary starts at about £75,000!

I said you can makea decent living still by doing a round on foot dont get me wrong... but if yo uwant to reach that next level.... to make your business bigger you surely need a motor ! /emoticons/biggrin.png

I agree...but more than some doctors make??? I don't think so. I think a Drs salary starts at about £75,000!
Ok teacher lol

you dont actually have to combine your work, i work for another windy with a big round in upminster as well as all my own work in essex that i do on my own, tbh its nice to get out with somebody once in a while, we have a good laugh when were working together, plus you have the oppurtunity to buy/rent extra work. its not always a bad idea!

ive dug into this a bit more and im getting the impression his losing a lot of work ( when i was out with him the other day he got dropped by a custie) he told me he got rid of the last 2 lads that use to help him coz they were **** but tbh his not exactly brilliant, then i bumped into 1 of them cleaning down my street didnt know he use to work for the bloke until we started talking, and his talking on quite a few of the customers that dropped the other guy and also this week ive seen a new windy round the area aswell ( thers at least 7 that clean within this mile or so radius) so like some one said he needs me more his restricted to an area and by the looks of things his getting alot of compe***ion aswell.

Back