Will slx-25 reach?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by KPFM, Feb 23, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. KPFM

KPFM Newcomer

Someone wants me to clean a second floor flat (as in ground floor plus two storeys), will my SLX-25 reach that or is it going to be a struggle?

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Got a pic? It probably would if it's not set back. My 22' will reach some 3 storey work at a push.

3. KPFM

KPFM Newcomer

Nope no pic as it was just from a Facebook enquiry, the block its in doesn't have set back windows though. They want insides doing too so I guess if I can't WFP the outsides I can get them from inside. I'll go for it, I know the woman who wants it doing anyway so if I can't do the outside for any reason its not the end of the world, she won't go round badmouthing me or anything.. I might feel a bit silly though.

4. spruce

spruce Grand Master

My son can just reach one window on a Victorian house. He is 6' tall. He can't reach the other window which is a single window but behind a 1st floor bay. I have to stand back off the pavement and I need 35' with my slx40.
    [​IMG] GoogleEarth_Image.jpg

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Have you thought about drips onto windows below that you won't be cleaning? ie another persons flat. That's if it's not a 3 storey flat of course.

6. KPFM

KPFM Newcomer

I was wondering how people dealt with that for a while last week but then came to the conclusion that the windows below get wet when it rains anyway so pure can't be that much worse. Plus it might make them look out, see me cleaning and ask me to do theirs too.

7. spruce

spruce Grand Master

All one house.

8. spruce

spruce Grand Master

We have several flats where we do the tops and a trad cleaner does the bottoms.

If the windows are clean and I get them wet due to wind direction etc, then I will do a quick glass clean, nothing more and only on the ones that have got wet. If the windows are dirty then I won't bother.

For me its trying to ensure that I don't create any friction between neighbours. I usually price these flats slightly higher so I'm not totally working for free.
    On a couple of occasions we have got the business for the downstairs flat, on others that haven't got a cleaner (owner cleaned) they hope a stare through the windows will get them a free clean if they are in.

9. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

cutomers wont accept that, they have just had there windows cleaned, then we come a long and have water poring over there windows. Had hell on with this issue, keep them sweet cleaned all bottoms for nowt, or trad up stairs flat

10. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

yeh spruce bang on

Advertisement