Will Work Dry Up?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by OoO, Feb 6, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. OoO

OoO Guest

Was thinking about this today. Surely in this day and age most people have either got a window cleaner or not interested in having windows cleaned.

I have seen soooo many vans spring up it's untrue. I know they are struggling, as i see them all the time dropping and knocking.

I can spend a whole day in one street, the round is that compact.

I don't believe in this day and age, you can find an area where no windy works or has knocked.

I think if you do knock or drop the only work you get is the ****

I picked up two customers this week. A £15 and a £56 all they was interested in was the price, so no doubt when someone comes along who is cheaper i will get sacked. They spotted the van and pole.

Input?

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Looks like you've just been watching local news on tv our news says we're the most socially deprived area in the uk we are all smack heads and giving the kids away cause we can't afford our tea then they scanned the camera round some of our worst areas if you we're pricing the windows in that area you would need a sander and some pledge every house boarded up we is doomed lol

3. OoO

OoO Guest

LMFAO !!!! Gonna go tell me dad about the pledge comment HAHAHA

4. Neil

Neil Grand Master

5. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

No, I don’t think work will dry up, but it is going to get more competitive.

I don’t know if the window cleaners you have seen are struggling just because they are canvassing for work. I agree that there are more wfp vans on the road; each year the number is increasing as wfp make window cleaning for a living more appealing in many ways over trad. Last year alone I met several local people coming into window cleaning for the 1st time, never done trad and investing well, in some cases over 20K in there 1st year, and all doing well.

I was talking to a customer the other day, about the weather and window cleaning, budgeting etc. She is amazed at how quick I can clean, (inside windows as well), she has a lot windows, I said if there is any skill to this work, it’s the fact that I can clean windows quickly and a window cleaner can reach windows, that customers can’t reach.

Those two things also apply to a window cleaner’s competition and being able to price more competitively - amongst other things.

Richard

6. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Generally I think the recession which is to continue for sometime yet will flood so called recession proof industries eg windies electricians plumbers milkmen sand which shops car cleaning roofing etc a massive injection of cash will hit the suppliers and vans will sell but the competition weather pitfalls debts and living costs will dwindle the number that succeed what ever happens there's always winners and losers

7. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

I think also when you honestly sit down and consider the situation all over the Internet and the manufacturers are stating that window cleaning is a really easy business to get into with rich pickings once people hear these statements interest heightens and so do expectations so they then spend all available cash on setting up their business shiney van best flyers etc now the problems begin for the first time since this entered people's heads is a realisation they have actually got to clean the windows which some will struggle with and give up a small percentage but you've lost some already next everyone's registered as a business with no idea how to run a business next they struggle on either they get a few customers giving a small income and fold because they cannot survive on the income or they get to many customers and lose track of what's due etc and the business collapses in confusion when you all started window cleaning was the return for effort as easy as first thought its a manual job thy knows with a bit of brain power to make it work with some business know how required and then there's the tax problem to sort out and god help em some have vat to contend with in short this isn't the simplest job out there for the complete novice some will succeed but all will learn a lesson that business no matter what it is its not simple

8. OoO

OoO Guest

I have already said to a few new comers. When you give up give me a ring and I will buy work. LMAO. didn't go down too well but at nearly 20 stone and 6ft I can handle myself lmao.

9. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

nothing like a British winter to sort out the trade

10. OoO

OoO Guest

Struggling this week with my neck. I think I got a cold wind on it. :(

Advertisement