wind speed/ bacon

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by simon, Dec 22, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. simon

simon Guru

whats too high to work in??? my app says its 19.2 in town & a roofer mate says he's not out so shall i go to work or hit the kitchen for bacon

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

It's not too bad here yet but if a roofer is giving it a miss then maybe not good for the trad guys
    Mums boyfriend was a roofer and we used to go out in all sorts of weather as they seem to be a crazy bunch so if they are not working get the bacon on
    I'm off out in a mo with my wfp but not tradding more than 1 house today that the old dear don't like wfp

3. simon

simon Guru

think i'll go into town & if its too bad treat my son to a proper builders kaff brekky

4. lou

lou Active Member

Be careful fellas, be safe.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Window Cleaning Forums

5. spruce

spruce Grand Master

We struggled in the wind yesterday and gave up when the rain came in. You can usually work in moderately strong winds wfp, but it depends which direction the wind is coming from. It its 'hitting' the front or back of the house then you are more shielded from the force of it. But if it's blowing up the street and catching you sideways/side-on, then that is different.

Our last customer yesterday is on the NHS rapid response team. He told me that they were called to an incident last week where a window cleaner was blown of his ladders and was fatally injured from the fall. He said for us to please never use ladders on his or anyone else's house. I don't know who the window cleaner was and there has not been a report in the local papers about it.

6. Posh

Posh Hero

Gave up at 11. Did 3 bungalows but to windy to go up a ladder. Finish em off tomorrow. Only 6 to do.

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I still have quite a few to do but then nothing till the 4th which is why I'm doing them now
    Missed a townhouse as too windy now for my pole at that height

8. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

Another washout here in the west. Busy tomorrow now. ****.

You know it's too windy when you can't rinse.

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Just don't rinse then lol
    Or do it on the glass

10. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

winded off with rain again lol think im just guna lock my self in a dark couberd and ave done with it so hacked off with this wether its everuy blady day at the minit:mad::mad::zzz:

Advertisement