Window above front door- water removal

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by windowsurfer, Nov 13, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

As we go into winter, I'm worrying about pure water freezing up on cold winters day, especially on some of my large houses that have a fancy window above the front door, the houses do not have a canopy/porch and have a double step going to the front door. Does anyone have a system to divert water away from the front step, have used a squeegee to move majority of water away, but some still lys about. Was thinking of putting a plastic sheet down with shallow sides, that could catch the water then tipped to the side when finished dripping? I know that a company carry salt to put down to prevent accidents at businesses, but think custys wouldnt like this?

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

as a wfp newbie i was just wondering the same thing.....your sheet idea is a winner....as a hybrid i just leave anything dodgy for trad but great question..:)...and the force drags me in....

3. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

I ve got a rectangle plastic container , got it from homebase , I place it in front of the door to catch the water runs then I just throw the water in the garden , always a little dampness lying around , better than a puddle ,,,,

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Get a broom and....

[​IMG]

5. windowsurfer

Yep that sounds like what im after, someone told me you get plastic sheet, type things, that you can put plant pots in for watering, will take a trip to homebase, cant see it on website. Thanks. I want somthing that you can roll up easily so its transportable, when carrying everything else, I use a trolley system.

6. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

Also add I always trad doors ( front doors ., conny doors aswell ) Last winter was mild so it wasn't must frost , who knows what we will get this winter !!!!

7. TolishAPurd

Could you not just trad that one window? Be quicker then messing about with sheets surely.

8. cheapncheerful

its easy to say that when the force hasnt dragged you in tolish....you just get carried away....:rofl:

in my case....till the water runs out ...booooo

9. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

Windowsurfer It's a plastic storage container , I took the lid off it .

It's just short of a front doors width but it gets most of the water , I just carry it house to house ....

10. windowsurfer

These windows are above a double step, on usually slimy slabs, have to set ladders out a fair bit, the windows are quite tall, i dont know if its a georgian style with a sun beam effect window on top, so you have to stretch up with a 6" squeegee, not a good move for me, this is how my ladders slipped on a similar set up, on patio doors with a double step,slimy slabs. Plus I would have to get ladders off the car and then put back on, all precious time. Ive got a good few of these detached houses all spaced out, so dont want these custys taking a trip o casualty with a broken hip on my pure ice.

Advertisement