Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Big company in my area

rafawindowcleaning

Hi havent been on for a while quite busy on windows abd other **** in my life but I just had to share that one witu you lads. So a few days ago we received a leaflet thru the door offering a free first clean from a fairly well known big windows company in my area (big vans circling around all the time) but I know they do a **** job as has had a few of their ex customers asking me to clean theirs as the big company is **** apparently. So anyway didnt think much of the leaflet and yesterday afternoon when I was at home they turned up on my street and knocked my door. As I didnt fancy chatting to anybody just ignored it. Lad knocked for a couple of minutes and left. How ******* surprised was I later on when I went downstairs and there was a note in the porch saying that my property has recieved a free clean (which it certainly hasnt) and ... wait for this... I am now a customer number xxxx and they will do me a favour of coming every four weeks and doing me windows for me for 15 pounds a pop (3 bed semi). The ******* cheek eh? Needless to say they received a very saucy email the same evening telling them to **** off..

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Window Cleaning Forums

Chuff me! The reason he was knocking on for a few minutes was to make sure no one was home, but how wrong was he! Name and shame Rafa.

Name & shame & report to the police - if they were on your property without permission & signing you up without talking to you, its criminal action!

It was ukwindowclean i will not report them to the police but feel sorry for poor buggars (elderly for example) who will fall for this practice and for peace and quiet.life will start paying them .. i wonder how they sleep at night..

I spoke to one if there lads

Nice kid

He couldn't believe what they were charging on residential

They nipped in and got a big commercial job before me which I really thought I'd got . But the customers are not happy - the price was lower than mine so will see how long it lasts

After the email I had sent them they actually admitted defeat straighaway and told me the operator must have got the wrong house or something and to disregard the note left. I will keep it for my records just in case they ever want any money from me for their 'clean'. I am Eastern European and although have lived in England now for eleven years and can be politically correct polite and all lovey dovey I can also be very Eastern Europen when somebody pisses me off like they did :)

They are s right bunch of muppets . They are constantly canvassing my work . I never lose any work to em . All they do is make me look better with there astronomical prices . And yeh they are trying the free first trick as well .

They have cleaned a few of the company I work for over in Leeds, just last month we went to clean a house only to be told they had been cleaned a few days earlier by this firm and the customer paid them so we didn't end up cleaning them

Uk window clean by any chance @rafawindowcleaning

They must be on a massive e leaflet drop as both myself and my mother have recieved a free clean offer leaflet this past week. She lives in leeds me in wakefield. A couple of my custys also.

They must be expanding massively all over the north as they also cover Manchester Bradford bury etc.

Must be turning over some serious coin

This company told one of my customers that I had packed in and they have taken over charged her double what I charge the old lass fell for it as well I emailed what I thought of them as every time I rang phone got put down on me still awaiting reply any way still do the customer so I never lost out but what a company they need closing down

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

When dealing with this sort of situation it is critical to get on Google, Facebook etc and to use the 'review' features. No need for cursing or obscenities but be honest and let others know. Enough take this approach then sooner or later they will suffer for their sins.

Latest Posts

Back